Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parent Visa Question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nh1981 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am sponsoring my parents to come and live with us under subclass 143 - Contributory Parent. I am up to the stage where an officer has been assigned to look into my case. One of the documents that I was requested is the police check / criminal record provided by the authorities in all countries where my mom and dad has spent more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

My dad had a period working in Angola around 9 years ago. The problem is the Angola's department of justice does not provide the document for non resident who currently not living in the country so I am not sure what to do. He has left the country for many years and since then gone into retirement. The only document we can obtain at the moment is a letter from his former employer to certify that he was working for the company during that period.

I also looked for the Angola embassy in Australia but couldnt find it anywhere.

It would be appreciate if anyone can suggest what I should do please

#2 ·
Someone just posted re a similar situation re Singapore not doing police checks for non citizens and so if you have an Angolan policy statement to that effect, first thing I'd do is send an email with a copy of it to the CO and ask what Immi require in that kind of situation.
You could suggest that he can get things like a statement from his employer and he himself complete a statutory declaration.

One way or another it is Immi who will need to decide what is required.
Hopefully, the CO will not be too much on the side of bureaucracy and come back with merely the regulations are the regulations etc. but if so, your next step would be to request whether he can take it up with senior authority or should you request the Global Feedback Unit look into it as a policy issue.
The GFU you will find under the Contact tab on any Immi page.

Please post what happens as it'll be good knowledge for others in similar situations.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Actually that is what I intended to do as well. My dad will do a stat dec then we have to see how it goes. I have sent our CO an email asking about this issue and waiting for his reply. Will update this thread with the outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.