Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Permanent Partner Visa 801 granted if overseas?
View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Wanderer Wanderer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
As aussiegirl says, you can be outside of Australia when PR is granted, so no problem in that regard.
You need to notify Immi using a Form 1022 of that intent and having an email address for contact if you do not already.
As for providing information for the PR review stage, you'll probably find it is relatively straightforward and involving a third perdson could just lead to complications for you, but if you want to have someone else as point of contact, use Form 956a.
On granting of a PR there is usually a requirement to enter Australia by a certain date to validate it and that can be just a fly in, through Immi and fly out again if you want it to be like that.