Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:39 AM

Users Flag! From usa

27 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkhearted View Post
I was going to say what Amandy said--I wonder what took so long!! But I'm glad you have your visa now. I think your story should give some hope to people who have been waiting over a year--a decision is in sight!

I was actually going to ask about that--if paper 820 applicants can use the online system for 801. Good to know! I'll definitely be using that when it's our turn.
I had to get some secondary medical testing which I was given 28 days to accomplish, but which actually took more like 60 days to complete and get all the reports mailed in to immigration. I have no idea if that caused the delay or not, as no one from immigration ever contacted me, except for that generic letter saying that my case was being given to a co, so get my medical and police checks in. My visa was approved 9 months after receiving that. I only found out that my visa was approved during one of my random VEVO checks, and received the notification and all my documents back roughly a week later.