Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

On a tourist visa before subclass 309 app - Police Check question

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 ·
Hi,

My girlfriend is in Melbourne on a tourist visa currently - and has been since September 2010 (and for 3 months on another tourist visa earlier in 2010).

We are preparing to apply for a subclass 309 in the next 2 months and we are at info + form + evidence gathering stage at the moment.

Just one question for the moment for all you helpful people: Does she need an AFP Police Check as well as one from her country of birth/residence as well? Seeing as she has effectively been living with me here, but on a tourist visa, for more than 6 months by the time we apply for the 309, I wonder if the CO would ask for an AFP check...

Thanks!

#3 ·
Hi Wanderer,

OK thanks for the reply, in that case it will just be a Police Check for Indonesia - nice and easy!

And yes, definitely an offshore application at the embassy in Jakarta. Then we are coming back here for 3 months on said tourist visa, will get in contact with CO a month or so after lodging to determine approximate grant date and book some international travel somewhere nearer the time of the grant - thats the plan anyway.

Her last entry to Aus is valid up til 8th July, so if she comes back before then (say 7th July) I already checked with Immi and she can stay for her last 3 months on this tourist visa (although may face some questioning on her way back in), so that gives us til 8th October...and if we are applying for the 309 mid->end of April then 6 months from then takes us upto the end of October, so...worst case scenario she will have to leave Aus just before 8th October and spend a few weeks (possibly up to 8 weeks depending on visa 309 processing time estimate of 7 months!) back home in Indo :-( But we will cross that bridge when we come to it I figured - and hope that the visa is granted in a 5-6 month time frame...

If you or anyone who reads this post sees a a flaw in my plan I'd be happy to hear from you!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.