Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VISA Skilled Independent 175 how to

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  win25 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have plans to apply skilled independent visa 175 and there are some things that make me confused now. :confused::confused:

1. Do we have to submit the original document (eg original passport) when filing a visa?
2. The certificate of employment from our company whether there should be a special format appropriate to DIAC regulations?
3. How do we pay for our application in addition to using credit cards?
4. As already get PR, if we are allowed to wait until get working first before full migration to Australia?
5. How AUD costs that must be prepared to complete the application for 3 person, me, my wife and my son?

Thanks you for help me. :)

regards
win

#2 ·
If you have a detailed read of the visa all sections info including all the links you will find all the answers to your queries including cost of the visa being $2575 at the moment and that would cover your wife and child and an extra fee required only if their english was not of the appropriate standard, details on that with the visa info too.

When granted a visa, it will have an initial enter by date which you need to do to validate the visa and then it'll be good for five years.

#3 ·
Hi Wanderer, thanks you for the explanation, :)

If I lodge the application before my wife pregnancy, then once the application approved and my wife give birth after that, how about new child born? Whether will effect to my PR or not? Whether the child automatically go to get PR or not? Or I need to pay some cost again?

Thank you
win

#4 ·
If a visa application is still being processed you will be able to add a new born as another secondary applicant, however if the application processing has resulted in a visa already having been granted prior to the birth you will need to submit a child visa application.
Depending on when a birth is expected, you can do things like not putting in your police checks or medical examination results with the application and so may have sufficient control to ensure birth occurs while an application is still being granted.
A 175 application processing can take all of 12 months or more.

#5 ·
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks so much for the answer :):), so it's means that I need to submit the child application when my Visa granted before the child born.
Is it will taking 12 month period or more too for child visa application?
For each 5 years we need to extend our PR, do we need medical examination, police clearance, visa application again?

Thanks
Win

#6 ·
You will need to allow several to six months for a child visa if it is necessary that you have to apply for one.
Once you have PR and if you have moved to and settled in Australia, you do not need to apply for another visa after five years unless you plan on taking a trip abroad and then you would apply for a Residents Return Visa, a much simpler application only taking a few weeks to be processed if not less time.
Alternately, if you have applied for and received citizenship, you then get an Australian passport and so do not need a visa for re-entering.

#7 ·
Hi Wanderer,

So it's means for example,
On 1st July 2011 the visa application for me and my wife lodge and processing and my wife not yet pregnant.
On 1st June 2012 my child born
On 1st August 2012 my application approved
It's need to lodge my child document before 1st August 2012 ?
I only get 6 months to go to Australia first time when already get PR, then what about the status of my child if born before the PR approved?

for second example,
On 1st July 2011 the visa application for me and my wife lodge and processing and my wife not yet pregnant.
On 1st August 2012 my application approved
On 1st September 2012 my child born
It's still need to lodge my child document after 1st September 2012 ?
or, if my wife should give birth in Australia?

Thanks and regards
Win

#8 ·
You can apply whatever dates to the regulations and come up with various scenarios but the basic rule as I have stated is if you have a new dependant and your visa is still being processed, add the dependant to it and if you do not and a visa is granted you will need to apply for a child visa.
If a child is born in Australia to PR parents, then citizenship can be applied for
Australian Citizenship - Current citizens

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.