Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Lodging a 2nd partner visa onshore (309 , 100)
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM

Users Flag! From ireland

69 likes received
48 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
I still would honestly be pretty concerned without a relationship registration that DIBP recognizes as being valid for waiving the 12-month defacto criteria.

Do you at least have evidence showing you've financially supported each other during the last 12 months? It's very difficult for couples who haven't lived together *at all* to claim they are de facto. I'm afraid DIBP would see all your visits to each other as dating, and only now count you as de facto since you're living together now. And as you know you'd need to be de facto for a year to apply.
we have held a joint bank account for the past year yes, with savings in it of approx $8,000 dollars.
when they refused us, they did not mention we did not live together for 12 months, but instead refused us because we did not speak of future plans like marriage. which we did in our stat decs

yes, 3 months was the turnaround and yes they did ask us for extra information which we supplied

also , marriage is of course on the cards but after my gf finishes her evening business degree course. i have heard you can get a form that is an intent to marry which the DIBP recognizes?