Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801)
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 AM
voebe voebe is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 88
Users Flag! From zimbabwe

11 likes received
1 likes given
You might want to apply for the partner visa first (offshore) and then apply for a tourist visa, but your wife has to leave after the tourist visa is up.

Alternatively like Tjw25 said, you need to apply for a substantive visa (working holiday, student etc) move to australia and then apply for the partner visa onshore. This second one may be the best one if you want to stay together but be aware once her substantive visa expires she may be on work restrictions on the bridging visa.