Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Temporary & Permanent Partner Visa - which office processes it ?
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2011, 11:50 AM
augenblick's Avatar
augenblick augenblick is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 62
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
7 likes given
Question Temporary & Permanent Partner Visa - which office processes it ?

Hi guys

Currently my Ukrainian fiance and I are waiting for her Prospective Marriage Visa to be granted. Once it is granted she will come to Adelaide to live with me and we will get married here. My question is - once we are married, which office in Australia will process her temporary/permanent visa ? Melbourne ? Perth? And will we need to travel there in person from Adelaide ? And does it take long for the temporary visa to be granted ?

I still can't believe how long it takes for a PMV visa to be granted!! There shouldn't be any visa caps or quotas when people clearly love each other!! Thanks a lot gillard

Any answers are greatly appreciated