Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subclass 309 - Visa processing time - AHC Delhi

64K views 179 replies 26 participants last post by  ana_aus 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am making an enquiry regarding the subclass 309 processing times in Delhi. I am an Australian citizen and I married an Indian citizen in India in June.

The timelines are as follows:

1) Married in June, 2010 - 1st Week
2) Lodged application on 15th June, 2010 - All documents except PCC sent.
3) CO assigned - 10th July
4) Original PCC sent on 11th July
4) CO requests for
a) Form 1121
b) More photos of marriage
c) Notice of Assessment from Australian Taxation office for FY 2006-07. The Notice of assessments for 2008 and 2009 were sent with original application.
d) Original Passport
5) Sent all the requested documents on 20th July
6) CO confirms on 31st July that the documentation has been received on 23rd July
7) Now the wait..............?

Can you please provide indications on how long it may take? Though the website mentions that it takes 4 months, it also mentions that it may get processed faster.

Thanks!

visaseeker

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi Visaseeker :)

We got married in April in India. You may be interested in our timeline:

Nationality: Husband Indian

Visa type: Spouse Visa (309)

Offshore/onshore: Offshore Delhi

Date of application: 6 May 2010. Same day I returned to Australia, because my tourist visa expired.

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes (24/06/2010)

Date CO assigned: 25/05/2010 (CO requested photographs and Form 80)

Date of interview: 24/06/2010 - Husband attended in person in Delhi. They kept his passport and our original marriage certificate.

Date visa granted: Told the decision will take three to four months from date of application. I'm going to email them tomorrow for an update.

I just noticed, that you had to fill in a Form 1121, which means your husband is on the skilled occupations list. That is great, as it means you must be getting priority processing, ( I think so ) :)

#4 · (Edited)
Hi Visaseeker :)

We got married in April in India. You may be interested in our timeline:

Nationality: Husband Indian

Visa type: Spouse Visa (309)

Offshore/onshore: Offshore Delhi

Date of application: 6 May 2010. Same day I returned to Australia, because my tourist visa expired.

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes (24/06/2010)

Date CO assigned: 25/05/2010 (CO requested photographs and Form 80)

Date of interview: 24/06/2010 - Husband attended in person in Delhi. They kept his passport and our original marriage certificate.

Date visa granted: Told the decision will take three to four months from date of application. I'm going to email them tomorrow for an update.

I just noticed, that you had to fill in a Form 1121, which means your husband is on the skilled occupations list. That is great, as it means you must be getting priority processing, ( I think so ) :)
Hi Skydancer,

Does filling Form 1121 mean that it gets processed under priority processing?

My wife is the applicant and her husband me is sitting alone here :(

Have they asked for the original passport from your husband yet?

Thanks!

visaseeker

#3 ·
Hi Skydancer,

I have had cases where people applied in June 2nd week and already got their 309s processed.

Our CO did ask for more information but not yet for an interview. When does the CO ask for an interview?

Also i have been reading some posts regd external ASIO security checks which are predominantly for countries such as Lebanon, Iran, etc. Do you know if applications from India fall under these? Just asking because these checks normally take 6 months alone and the AHC - New Delhi mentions that it processes applications in 4 months.

Thanks!

visaseeker

#5 ·
Visaseeker, I'd like to know who are these people that got their visas so quickly? There are two people here on this forum that did, but we don't know their personal circumstances. Maybe they have been married for years, maybe they are doctors or wealthy business people, or who knows what .... One of these two did not even need to attend an interview. The other just had a phone interview.

When my husband got his email confirming the assignment of the CO, that is when he was given an appointment for his interview and in that email they also requested the photographs and Form 80, and original of our Marriage Cert, and his Passport.

I have a feeling you won't need an interview at all, or it would already have been mentioned. And if you didn't get asked to do the Form 80, it seems you won't need the external ASIO checks either. Wish you all the best, it's looking good for you :)

#46 ·
Visaseeker, I'd like to know who are these people that got their visas so quickly? There are two people here on this forum that did, but we don't know their personal circumstances. Maybe they have been married for years, maybe they are doctors or wealthy business people, or who knows what .... One of these two did not even need to attend an interview. The other just had a phone interview.

When my husband got his email confirming the assignment of the CO, that is when he was given an appointment for his interview and in that email they also requested the photographs and Form 80, and original of our Marriage Cert, and his Passport.

I have a feeling you won't need an interview at all, or it would already have been mentioned. And if you didn't get asked to do the Form 80, it seems you won't need the external ASIO checks either. Wish you all the best, it's looking good for you :)
Are they supposed to set up a time for an interview?

My husaband got an interview just yesterday without warning from the case officer (over the phone), is that normal? i think they just want to catch people off guard.

#7 ·
Hi Skydancer,

We sent the Form 80 with the application and then sent the Original Police Clearance Certificate after 3 weeks.

I hope that they don't ask for ASIO checks. Also I doubt if any of the Indian applicants go for ASIO checks since the processing time for the ASIO checks is any ways longer than the total processing time for subclass 309 in New Delhi

Let me know how you go with the reply tomorrow.

Thanks!

visaseeker

#8 ·
Yes, I was wondering about whether four months would be long enough for external checks. Good that you think they won't be doing that!

I'll send an email to the Delhi AHC asking for an update on our case tomorrow, but it will take them a while to answer. I'll let you know. Meanwhile wishing you all the best. I know what it's like being apart from our beloved ones ...

#10 · (Edited)
Hi Visaseeker!

Well, I sent an email to our CO more than one week ago, and surprise surprise - no answer! On Monday we reached the 4 months since lodgement date. As you know, they told us it would take between 3 to 4 months, so why is there still no news! Do you think it is unreasonable to get at least one update since the interview, which was in June? We haven't heard anything at all.

This waiting is most nerve wrecking.

Looks like we need to telephone, as our CO clearly shows no interest in answering emails. I do hope that the Indian staff in Delhi work according to Australian (high) standards.....rather than the infamous Indian bureacracy.

#177 ·
309 subclass

Guys,

I have put through file on 02/05 and CO assign on 30/06, sent additional documents 04/08, but did not get any reply from CO when we will get out visa,,,,,

So it is hard time for every one i guess so....

Please reply if someone get visa nearer these dates.

Thanks,

#11 ·
There is information on the Indian AHC site of four months or quicker if using a lodgement company and that in itself is somewhat strange and we have no way of knowing just how up to date that the AHC information is and it also mentions it is only supplementary.

Just a bit of background and towards the end of last financial year some people posted re having been advised that visa granting would be delayed until the start of the next financial year, possibly budgetted numbers being reached or close to it and thus at the start of this financial year there will have been a backlog to be worked through.
More importantly, budgetted numbers being achieved by earlier in the financial year would possibly indicate to management that processing was not an even workload and so to rectify that, and adjustment to processing for the whole year may have been affected.

As for the external security checks visa seeker, the principle explained on Client Service Charter is that HR countries are those for which ETAs are not avaiulable and that includes India.
It does seem however that not every HR country applicant is being sunjected to external checking so perhaps some discretion is being used and that could also vary.
For instance right now the people using people smugglers to apply for asylum are placing a high strain on resources and thus the relaxation for some countries to reduce the workload.

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for that valuable information Wanderer. Interesting about the boat people possibly being the reason for a relaxation in checking. Hope that is the case...

At my husbands interview on June 24th, his Case Officer told him that we can expect the decision in 3 to 4 months from date of lodgement. And we did use the VFS service, so it should accordingly have been faster processing rather than slower.

Last Monday was the end of the 4th month. It's possible, as you say, that there have since been changes to time frames.

We wanted to try to avoid phoning as that creates additional work for them, but seems it's either a phone call or go crazy with worry!

#14 ·
Thanks Wanderer. I agree with what you say, still it helps one to regain a little bit of control over the situation, to be personally told. More a psychological thing, I dare say...

Today I checked the AHC Delhi website and noticed they have updated the time frame for partner visas to 5 months.

#16 · (Edited)
I just got an email from the CO!

He says the file has been forwarded for final decision!
Hi Sky dancer,

Congratulations. Your Visa seems to be just round the corner. My timeline goes like this:

Appl submitted in India (VFS) for Permanent Spouse Visa: 04 Sep 2010.

Medicals/PCC: Alongwith application

Married in 1995. Have two kids aged 14 and 10 years.

Husband and kids in India and me in Australia on PR.

Kids also have PR . They have to enter Oz by Apr 2011.

Husband was included in my 176 application as NON MIGRATING member due to his professional engagements.

Waiting for Case Officer allocation.

Bye

#18 ·
Hi Balajiradhika! Thank you very much for your encouraging words!

According to your timeline and the fact you've been a family for so many years, it is surely just a short matter of time till you are all together in Australia... :)

Wish you much happiness
Update on Visa

Case Officer assigned on 14 Oct 2010.

She asked for additional documents ie.. form 1221, original Marriage Certificate, Passport and original Police Clearance Certificate.

All sent on 22 Oct 2010.

Updates from you all???

Regards

#19 · (Edited)
Hi dear BalajiRadkhika,

Sounds like you are progressing well with your husband's application. I can say that the Delhi staff are decent and fair and their time frames are correct.

My husband's visa has been granted and he is now here with me in Australia, since Sunday... :)

It took altogether 5 months and 3 weeks for the visa grant. (Slightly longer than the average processing time, but probably only because our original case officer left soon after she was assigned to us and we were assigned a new CO.)

Wishing everyone best of luck and speedy visa grants!

#20 ·
Hi dear BalajiRadkhika,

Sounds like you are progressing well with your husband's application. I can say that the Delhi staff are decent and fair and their time frames are correct.

My husband's visa has been granted and he is now here with me in Australia, since Sunday... :)

It took altogether 5 months and 3 weeks for the visa grant. (Slightly longer than the average processing time, but probably only because our original case officer left soon after she was assigned to us and we were assigned a new CO.)

Wishing everyone best of luck and speedy visa grants!
Hi Dear Skydancer,

Great. Congratulations. Thanks for encouraging words.
Best of luck

Balajiradhika

#22 ·
Hi Treadmark!

Wow, that's great! As long as you have read all of the info on the immigration pages, and submitted heaps of evidence ( the more the better) you will be fine! They are very fair in the AHC Delhi, unlike some other countries where a lot of pain is caused to applicants. Maybe they are not the best at communicating, but hang in there and the visa will be granted within a few weeks of the given time frame.

If you have any specific questions, do ask and I'll be happy to answer them!
Smiles :)

#34 ·
Please respond to my queries

My timeline is as follows :

Lodged Application on 22nd Nov
Medicals along with application
PCC is ready but yet to send
CO - Not yet assigned.(Waiting)
Please can any one let me know when CO can be assigned in m y case.
Also please let me know how much income would they see of the sponsor appx to support spouse visa application??

Thanks.

#23 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum
I just lodged my husband's partner visa here is my timeline so far

309 Offshore Partner visa, my husband is from Nepal, and i am an Australian Citizen

Lodged on the 3/12/2010, recieved an email on the 6/12/2010 confirming that they recieved the application.

now currently waiting for a case officer to be assigned...... my husband is doing his medicals this week....

#26 ·
HI
i am new in this forum! i have also applied for spouse visa 309 from VFS Office in Nepal...

application lodged on: 10th september

AHC received n process started on : 13th september

CO assigned & asked for additional documents ( medical checkup, original marriage certificate, PP, form 1221) on: 21st october
(Note: as my husband's employment changed i sent his documents attached in email)

Additional documents submitted on 26th October and received by AHC on 27th OCt

30th OCT got mail from CO stating my husaband's employment details has not reached her thru email n asked to email it again...

again mailed attached files on 31st OCt ...but got a mail on 12th NOV from CO stating that she dint receive it again (may be due to size restriction) and asked to send it as a hard copy...

posted the documents thru VFS Nepal on 19th NOvember...and i haven't got any mails since then...

called the immigration office few days back and they said they have received all documents and is still under process and will take 5 months to grant my visa since the day i lodged it !!!

i am worried because my application is still not processed for final decision like others...

anyways hoping to get my visa soon...fingers crossed!!!:)

#28 ·
Hi Bubbles, don't worry. Five months processing time is normal. It took just over five months for us. They probably prefered the hard copy of your documents. I'm not surprised that they didn't accept the emailed versions! Also, don't worry if they do not reply to your emails, as that is the way they work. But do contact them if you need to, especially after a few months have passed.

If any further documents or interview is needed, they will let you know. Good luck with everything, and soon enough you will be here in Australia with your hubby :)

#30 ·
My timeline is as follows:

Applied: PMV Subclass 300 on 19 April 2010 Directly to AHC New Delhi

PCC: 14 June 2010 It was sent directly to the Immigration office

Medicals: 9 July 2010 It was sent directly to the Immigration office

Case Officer: 27 August 2010 received letter for interview

Interview Attended on 23 Sep 2010

Additional doc requested on 17 Nov 2010

Additional Doc sent to AHC on 7 Dec 2010

As per my phone conversation today with CO said it’s under final processing.

#31 · (Edited)
Hi Ipepl

Glad that it is in the final stages now. It seems that your application is taking somewhat longer than average because you were a bit slow in sending in your documents, doing your medical rather late, etc..

They are very fair and decent at the Delhi AHC, so if you are a genuine couple you will get your visa for sure. Wishing you all the best, soon enough you will be here in Australia :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.