Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offshore Partner Visa applied in June

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rayuth 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering if any one applied offshore for partner visa (PMV or Spouse Visa) has been granted the visa or CO assigned yet?

I have been waiting for 3 months and 1 week now and it is still dead silence.
The last time I emailed the embassy, they said that my application will be processed in February next year as they are still processing application from January 2011. But still no CO assigned yet.
I saw a lot of people in the family visa time line got their visa granted in September but they seem to had applied earlier than June 2011.

#3 ·
My fiancee applied from Thailand

My fiancee applied from Thailand, below is our time line.

Date of application: 21/06/2011

Nationality: Myself = Born in Thailand, Australian Citizen . Applicant = Thai

Visa type: Partner Visa: PMV (Subclasses 300)

Offshore/onshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted (yes/no): Yes,

Police check submitted (yes/no): Yes,

Date CO assigned: Not sure but when the application submitted, a letter was given and on the bottom of page after Yours sincerely, it has CSO7.

Date visa granted: Waiting, no news so far

#6 ·
Case officer

After I can't just sit and wait. I emailed the embassy yesterday asked for case officer and when will I hear any news about our visa?
Finally, in the afternoon I've got a reply from a case officer. But the answer is just a standard answer like it is from a template. Now I'm wondering what can I do next or just wait again? Below is the email from the case officer.

Thank you for your emails. I would like to clarify that the current service
standard for processing Prospective Marriage visas lodged prior to 1 July
2011 is 10 months. We need to ensure that we process applications fairly,
which typically means that applications are processed in the order that
they are received unless there are significant compelling and compassionate circumstances to prioritise an individual case. When we begin to actively assess your fiancee's visa application, we may contact you or your fiancee for an interview or further information if required. In the mean time, if you have any further information that you would like me to consider you can submit it to me via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.