Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - My Case
Thread: My Case
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
SarahM SarahM is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given

I'm not really good with skilled visas, but I think you should try out for the 175 visa:
Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)
(your wife and child can be included in the application, and your mother too so long as she is really dependant on you)

Here's a basic outline of the eligibilty but it's all in the link:
- You are under 50 years of age
- You have at least a competent level of English language ability (you have to pass the IELTS and get a minimum of 6 in each category - if you get more you get more points)
- **You must nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- You must provide a positive skills assessment completed by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation
- You have recent skilled employment experience for a period totaling at least 12 months in the last 24 months before applying

You must also have at least 65 points based on all eligibility, so please see the link to understand.

** you must nominate on occupation from this list (your experience must correspond with your qualifications):