Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Finding work on a spouse visa
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 12:30 PM

Users Flag! From philippines

15 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshini View Post
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone is having problems finding work on a spouse visa? I am married to a Kiwi and can live and work up to 5 years in Australia with no work restrictions. However, most companies and recruitment agencies are turning me down saying that I need to be a PR or an Australian Citizen for some jobs. I think this is ridiculous! I am qualified and experienced like every one else and it's silly to think that the Australia Govt is issuing spouse visas but it's pointless if people like me can't work!

Is anyone else going through a similar problem like me? Please share your experience.

Thanks!
Same here Roshni,

I have been here in Australia for 9 months,used to be working as admin assistant in a perfume manufacturing co.in Dubai for 3 years before I came here.Since Sept 2013,i have been looking online and in person for job,even at maccas!Until now no luck at all.Applied for Kmart in person yesterday and I hope this time they will give me a chance.

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.