Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Urgent Help!! 485 to 189 PR..health cover issue!! :(
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM

Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi45 View Post
Hello,
I need urgent help.
My wife will be applying for 189 PR visa next month. Her current visa subclass is 485 graduate visa. I will come as spouse in visa application.

We came to know that, my wife didn't know that her health insurance was expired last year and so she never brought new one. Visa condition 8501 states that health insurance should be maintained else visa can get cancelled. But her visa is still in effect as normal according to VEVO.

Will there be any issues if we apply for PR i.e. 189 visa. As per my knowledge 189 doesn't require any private health insurance.
Please reply!!
There should be no issue with it. I recently received my PR; prior to which I was in 485. However I had maintained adequate health cover. If you think this is going to create problems, your wife can still buy one of the covers for around 95 a month from Bupa (you dont have to pay for the previous months on which your wifer was not insured) which can be terminated anytime your wife likes to or after your wife's residency application is processed through.