Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berlin Embassy Processing Time

576K views 3K replies 290 participants last post by  Joriana 
#1 ·
:eek: Hi All, Thought I'd start a thread to gather info from anyone currently processing through the Berlin Office. If you would like to add the following info to this thread that would be really helpful :cool:

Type of Visa
Date Applied
Stage Application at (e.g. CO Assigned, PC submitted)
Low or High Risk Country

Thanks

#3 ·
Date of Application:Jan 06, 2012

Nationality: Ethiopian

Visa type:309 tempo,partner

Onshore/offshore: Offshore in Berlin

Medical submitted: yes!! with Application

Police checked: yes!! with Application

Date of Co assigned: Feb 08,2012

Date visa granted: waiting! waiting! waiting! waiting!.........oh I have interview on Monday, it was Friday my Co feel sick and she put me on Monday, finger cross!!

#4 ·
Date of application: 29 May 12
Nationality: Norwegian
Visa type: 309
Offshore/Onshore: Offshore in Berlin
Medicals submitted: Start of June
Police check submitted: Start of July
Date Co assigned: 05 June12

Still waiting. Called the embassy when i didnt get a respons on an email i sent. My Co told me that the processing times are now 7-9 months, and not 3-5 as adiviced on immis website. Its about to be updated to 7-9 months. He said I just have to patient and probably my application will be finalized in January.

#5 ·
Thanks all. I to have just been told it is now 7-9 months. Kangaro, as you are high risk country you are probably best match to my process as my fiance is from Ghana. Have you had any requests for information between CO being assigned and the request for interview? Was there any issues with your application that might have causes it to take this long? Any insight?

#6 ·
Great idea!
Here is my timeline:

Visa Type: Partner Temporary, Low Risk
Date of lodgement: 30.5.2012
CO assigned: Not sure, because did not received the mail in the first case, but only after doing an online inquiry. Got the eMail resend in beginning of July.
Police Check: With application
Medical: 9.7.2012
Phone interview: 27.7.2012
Further doc's requested: 27.7.2012
Further doc's submitted: 18.8.2012
Date Visa granted: Still waiting...

BTW: I have also been told by my CO, that current processing time is at least 7-9 months

#7 ·
melandabdul said:
Thanks all. I to have just been told it is now 7-9 months. Kangaro, as you are high risk country you are probably best match to my process as my fiance is from Ghana. Have you had any requests for information between CO being assigned and the request for interview? Was there any issues with your application that might have causes it to take this long? Any insight?
Hi melandandul, my Co request police check from My current resident on June and clarify some information and interview last week, there is no issues to delay, my co told me from July this year the high risk country case takes to 12 month, when I was in Aussi immigration told me takes 5-8 month,but I'm on 10th month, I just waiting penitently, God will help us to be with our half part. Finger cross! For 2morrow, and good luck with you application!

#8 ·
sasasou said:
Great idea!
Here is my timeline:

Visa Type: Partner Temporary, Low Risk
Date of lodgement: 30.5.2012
CO assigned: Not sure, because did not received the mail in the first case, but only after doing an online inquiry. Got the eMail resend in beginning of July.
Police Check: With application
Medical: 9.7.2012
Phone interview: 27.7.2012
Further doc's requested: 27.7.2012
Further doc's submitted: 18.8.2012
Date Visa granted: Still waiting...

BTW: I have also been told by my CO, that current processing time is at least 7-9 months
Hi! Could you wright some details about the interview plz? I have interview 2morrow by phone in Berlin office,

#9 ·
Hey everybody! First of all I would like to say that I think it is a great idea to share the experience regarding the processing time in Berlin in one spot! Thank you for that, melandabdul!

Here is my timeline so far:

Visa Type: Partner Visa, low risk

Date of application: visa application was received by the embassy on 16 August 2012

Police check: with application

CO assigned: 28 August 2012, we have been asked to send another additional statement and I was also asked to do the Medical check. We send the statement on 29 August and the Medicals were done on 30 August. Also the CO returned heaps of documents we send with the application (total weight of application when sending it was 1.3 kg, all documents) back to us, as she checked them all and she does not need to keep all for the file. She kept all forms that we had to fill out and all statements.

Interview: not required so far

Visa granted: not yet, still waiting, we haven't heard anything since the CO asked for the additional statement and the medicals.

I must say I am quite shocked reading above about the processing time which might be currently between 7-9 months! I was hoping we can move to Australia latest by the end of April. Can anybody say that they heard of /or experienced a shorter processing time? I hope for all of us that it won't take that long... Good luck to everybody!

#310 ·
Visa granted today!!

Hey everybody! First of all I would like to say that I think it is a great idea to share the experience regarding the processing time in Berlin in one spot! Thank you for that, melandabdul!

Here is my timeline so far:

Visa Type: Partner Visa, low risk

Date of application: visa application was received by the embassy on 16 August 2012

Police check: with application

CO assigned: 28 August 2012, we have been asked to send another additional statement and I was also asked to do the Medical check. We send the statement on 29 August and the Medicals were done on 30 August. Also the CO returned heaps of documents we send with the application (total weight of application when sending it was 1.3 kg, all documents) back to us, as she checked them all and she does not need to keep all for the file. She kept all forms that we had to fill out and all statements.

Interview: not required so far

Visa granted: not yet, still waiting, we haven't heard anything since the CO asked for the additional statement and the medicals.

I must say I am quite shocked reading above about the processing time which might be currently between 7-9 months! I was hoping we can latest by the end of April. Can anybody say that they heard of /or experienced a shorter processing time? I hope for all of us that it won't take that long... Good luck to everybody!
Hello everyone! Here is an update on my timeline! I still can't believe it and actually i was surprised! My visa was granted today!!!!! We are so happy and excited! Now we can actually start planning properly! In total we waited 5 months and 5 days. In the first email we were told it might take 6-8 months!

This is great news for us and maybe it will give hope to other people as well! :)

For everybody who is still waiting, i hope you all will receive your visas very very soon! And also thank you for sharing all you experience and your support! This forum is such a great help! Of course i will stay online and i hope i also can help people with my comments in the future!

#10 ·
Hi Skipperydoo....yes of course there are always exceptions but they are just that...exceptions. Please, for your sake, don't set your heart on that though as it is a hard thing waiting and the time goes so much faster I think if we just accept that it will take that long.

I hope that makes sense and didn't rain on your parade too much :cool:

#12 ·
I guess you are absolutely right! Maybe what everybody really needs is a lot of patience! We have to wait and see what happens, we cannot change it or make it faster anyway.... The waiting game is what it is and I think I still have to get used to it. As long as the visa will be granted (no matter when) I am happy! :)

#14 ·
Hi there! did Ma interview on Monday Ma Co was cool she told me all is positive just we wait from Australia collage, Ma medical is expired but she said that if immigration ask I'm gonna do it if not wait until back to Aussi and do it there, so all going good thank God!

Btw I done my medical before I lodged my application in Australia,

#16 ·
melandabdul said:
Sorry Kangaro, what do you mean "we just wait for Australia collage"? So happy interview went well. Who is your CO in Berlin?

Thanks
Hi melandandul, Ma Co told me that the Co processing Ma case with her who is in Aussi finalize the paper work, on her side in Berlin already done. And ma Co She left on wednesday to have a baby, with in 10 days I'm gonna have new Co, To inform me if I need a medical, I'm on 10th month, hope not take long yours like mine!

#18 ·
Hi to all of you,

Here is my timeline:

Visa 309/100
Applied: 06-08-2012
CO assigned: 07-08-2012
PC: 21-08-2012
Medicals: 28-08-2012

Married to aus. citizen for 13 years. ( married in Sydney ). No kids.
Moved to Australia in feb 2000. ( prospective spouse visa).
Moved back to Holland in June 2000 due to family mathers.

Hope I contributed some info!
GL to all of us who r still waiting

#24 ·
Ok thanks it is good to know how other CO's work. I have found her to be friendly and polite and she does respond but not always same day and often right at the end of the next day. I wonder if this job is new to her because of something she is asking me regarding the NOIM.

Let us keep comparing notes as we go. All the best.

#26 ·
Hi Gerrywins. They are saying that it is AT LEAST 7-9 months but as I am sure you already know, the service charter has one time frame for ETA countries and another time frame (about double) for high risk countries.

This leaves me with the impression that for high risk countries like yours and my fiancé it might be even longer. I guess the only way to know is to ask.

#27 ·
Hi Gerrywins. They are saying that it is AT LEAST 7-9 months but as I am sure you already know, the service charter has one time frame for ETA countries and another time frame (about double) for high risk countries.

This leaves me with the impression that for high risk countries like yours and my fiancé it might be even longer. I guess the only way to know is to ask.
Yeah it sucks! Crossing my fingers though

#183 · (Edited)
oh you and me are with the same agent i think; he seems to be very short tempered and hates to be put in a corner, even my Agency have mentioned his skills, i am still waiting after 1 year for him to come back to me with a reply, please keep in touch with me as i am onto K lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.