Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Partner Visa - Best way to present application?
View Single Post
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 AM
kissxun kissxun is offline
Active Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received

Originally Posted by huggoo View Post
Suarez and Gerrywins : my wife called the London hotline. They said once you hear from your CO, you can and should contact him / her to arrange travel on a visitor's visa. get a return ticket. you need to be offshore in order for the 309 (or whichever you applied for) visa to be activated. Offshore can also be NZ. We were also advised that it may be better to spend less time apart if you can otherwise the CO may suspect a non-genuine relationship.

Thanks for ur useful information. My husband is going to submit his partner visa application in Tokyo, but he has his ETA visa as well.

Can he come to visit me after his lodge ? What's that activation mean ?
If he happen to in AUS with me at that time, can he fly to NZ for visa activation ? Or need to return back to Tokyo ??