Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 309/100 offshore partner visa
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 AM

Users Flag! From india

518 likes received
273 likes given
Smile Welcome to the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitng View Post
Hello all,
I lodged my application for partnet visa from India. which was recived by New Delhi on 15th of May today it is 2 month i have not even received acknowledgement letter, i don't know how long for me to get my process started. This is really hard to get through this painfull period. can someone tell me how this process works. Thankyou
Hey waitng,

Welcome to the Forum!!
AHC New Delhi is taking 30-31 weeks since date of application to allocate case officer to an application that is roughly 217 days maximum.
Below is the link from AHC New Delhi website which has the current processing time frames of the services they provide:-
CURRENT AVERAGE PROCESSING TIMES - Australian High Commission

As for acknowledgement letter, AHC New Delhi doesn't send it to every applicant. You can call them and check for your peace.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad new but you have a long wait ahead of you. I'd suggest you take up a hobby or something cause this process can drive a person insane especially the lack of communication from AHC's end is the cause of more stress and depression. Current indicative processing time frame as per AHC New Delhi is 8-11 months. The global standard processing time frame as per DIBP is 12 months.

Keep yourself busy and you won't even feel this waiting time.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

Applied: AHC, New Delhi
Visa Grant:October 16, 2014
PR Eligibility: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018
Citizenship Application: October 22, 2018
Citizenship Interview and Exam: August 08, 2019
Citizenship Approval: August 24, 2019