Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Online Application / Date Relationship Began - confusion
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Users Flag! From finland

5 likes received
2 likes given
820 Online Application / Date Relationship Began - confusion

Hi there,

I was hoping someone who's gone through the e-lodgement process for 820/801 partner visa could shed some advice re: "relationship status / date relationship started" issues.

Me and my partner have been in a relationship since June 2012, and de facto since June 2013.
In the very first few pages of the e-lodgement application there is a question "Relationship status", followed by "Date Relationship Began". Does this mean the date when our de facto relationship began? Or the date when we became a couple...
It's confusing because that same question is then asked again in the Sponsor details, and again in the Relationship details.
In the Relationship details, it asks for "Relationship status" followed by "Date committed de facto relationship began"...and then it asks "Date applicant and sponsor committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others"

Are all of these questions/dates referring to the de facto relationship...?

I can't for the life of me find any threads about this even though I'm sure I've seen someone else wondering this same issue a while back...

Help is much appreciated! Thanks!