Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 PM

Users Flag! From australia

332 likes received
9139 likes given
Congratulations!

Hi Greyang -

It's always great to hear of a same sex couple getting their visa approved. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us all. Enjoy a long, happy and successful life together in Oz. You are over the hardest part now. It's just waiting for the time when you can apply your for 801. Let's hope that goes as well as your 820. Cheers and warmest best wishes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyang View Post
I applied for my 820 visa on 03 June 2013. After 15 months of not hearing anything, I got a call from a case officer I was assigned on Thursday, asking for a copy of my AFP (I had sent it in but they misplaced it). Luckily I had an extra one sitting around, and I took a photo and e-mailed them. They granted me my temporary residency immediately after receiving!

Background: Known my wife for 15 years, but started dating long distance 4 years ago. I moved here in 2012 on a work and holiday visa and because same sex marriage isn't legal here we just registered our relationship as defacto about 3 months before applying, and applied for the 820 on shore 3 days before the work and holiday visa was set to expire. Was granted bridging visa and now finally the 820 granted

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.