Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
37 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani89 View Post
We only applied a month ago, and have only received 'acknowledgement of application'. This seems pretty normal, I shouldn't expect to hear anything else or be assigned a CO till roughly 3 months in?

Seeing as the wait times have been extended...would people recommend doing the medical and FBI clearance now or waiting till we hear from a CO?

And is it normal for the sponsors application to show as 'submitted' and the applicant's to show as 'in progress' online?... even though we submitted both..

Good luck to everyone! I'm one of, if not the most recent, to apply and I'm really looking forward to watching everyone be granted their happy news while we await ours!
I would wait for a while before getting medical and FBI simply because they do expire and it would be frustrating to have to get them done again.
Maybe keep your eye on this tread and when people closer to your application date get assigned their CO do your checks then?