Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:36 AM

Users Flag! From usa

28 likes received
11 likes given
Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum so please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else. I still don't understand how the visa process works.

My situation: I am French, married for almost 5 years with my Australian husband. We have 2 kids and we live in the US.

We are planning on moving next year to Australia. So, I applied on October 2 for a partner visa (309) online.
I submitted first my application, I paid (ouch, so much money!) then my husband submitted his. We uploaded all the requested documentation (or so we hope) except for the health check and police check. His application has the status "submitted" whereas mine has the status "in progress". Is this normal?
I immediately got an automated email "IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received".
What is now the next step? From what I read, someone will contact us in about 3 months, is that correct?

Thanks for helping me figuring out how the visa process work! I hope we did everything right, I am so worried we didn't do it the right way!

Thanks for your help

Cecile