Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell&Tony View Post
Ive just read these posts to see that the processing time is now upto 8 months This is horrible for everyone! My heart sunk.
We are just about to submit our application to the London office, and was hoping my fiance can come to Aus at X-mas time on tourist visa while application in process then granted in End of Feb/ March (being 5 months processing time).....Looks like change of plans.
Please keep us posted on process. Good Luck
Hi all.

We are in the same position, Shell&Tony, we had hoped to be home by Xmas and wait it out on a visitor visa, but now we will just have to work separately in UK/AU until its approved, as its just too long to have one partner out of work.

Also, our CO is now satisfied that we meet the relationship requirement and has emailed to request we send in police check for Au (which was three months delayed so has only just arrived). He has also requested we do our medicals but has said in the email two conflicting timescales, I imagine this is because the waiting times have gone up to 8-9 months. The email says:

"...In order to continue the processing of your visa application, please provide the following within the next 49 days:

Health and Character Requirements

As a result of the current processing times for Partner visa applications at this post we ask that you refrain from obtaining the following health and character checks for three (3) months from the date of this letter. Your medical and police checks are valid for 12 months from the date they are created and the expiry date of the earliest check will dictate what your Initial Entry Date (IED) to Australia must be. As our current processing time frames are 8-9 months we wish to give you sufficient time between the date your visa may be granted and the IED which you MUST enter Australia by in order to activate the partner visa."

We are going to clarify with our CO but it looks like realistically, no point getting our medicals until November (we applied August).