Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Want to marry a Moldovan girl in Australia: Tourist Visa suggestion
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 AM

Users Flag! From australia

100 likes received
640 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirfarabi View Post
Hi there:

I'm living in Sydney on bridging visa (applied for TR). I want to marry a girl (divorced) in Sydney who lives in Moldova. We're planning to apply for a tourist visa for her for 3 weeks. Some of our situations include:

1. She only has $1000 in her bank account
2. She has all her family members and friends in Moldova (two sons: 2 & 5 year old, parents, brother)
3. She doesn't own any property in Moldova
4. I've nearly $10,000 in my bank account
5. I'll be providing for her total expenditure & accommodation
6. I'll write an invitation letter for her
7. I do a full-time job. For some reason, I cannot show my payslips but I can show my salary is going to my account on a regular basis from my bank statement.

In the tourist visa application form should she mention that she's coming to Australia for getting married or should she mention that she's only visiting a friend? Which would prove to be a stronger case in favor of her?

I cannot apply for PMV because I cannot prove genuine relationship with her. I've never even seen her in person. We only talk on messenger and phone.

I've been providing financial assistance to her for 5 months. Should it mentioned anywhere?

Any other suggestion are gladly welcomed!

Thanks.

In order to sponsor your fiance, you must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Because you aren't a permanent resident, you can't sponsor her for a partner visa.

She can fly to Australia on a tourist visa to get married, but you can't secure a visa for her - based on your marriage - that would allow her to stay in the country.

You need to know that PMV visas need way less evidence than partner visas, so getting married to obtain a visa is not recommended. Check the Partner Migration booklet: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm/ and you'll see you need lots of solid evidence, even if you are married.

PMV is certainly the easiest solution, but only when you're eligible as a sponsor, that means when you are a permanent resident (and not a temporary resident). Once you are a permanent resident, it would probably be the best to fly to Europe to meet her in person or she could fly on a tourist visa to Australia to meet you, and after she returns to Moldova (or your return to Australia), you could apply for her PMV.