Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 06:07 PM

Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
37 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegGuy View Post
Hi everyone. I've been watching this forum for the past few months, but this is my first post. I know that several of you are waiting on your FBI background check. For what it's worth, depending upon when you submitted your request, the 12 week estimated response time may be optimistic. I called the FBI center today and was told that they're processing requests received the week of August 12th. My request was received on August 26th and they expect it to take another couple of weeks to complete. This timeline is pushing 15 weeks.

Based upon some quick research, it sounds like the FBI wasn't processing any requests for about a six week period starting in early September.
That's depressing, we were hoping to have the FBI check before we head to Australia for Christmas. Our plan was to have an estimated approval date before we book the return flight to USA (and back to Aus) for my hubby... since I'm going to stay in australia and find work etc.