Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMV or Spouse Visa from the Philippines

1M views 6K replies 284 participants last post by  CollegeGirl 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Am new to the forum and would appreciate anyone who are currently or have in the past submitted a PMV or spouse visa from the Philippines. Last December my partner and I submitted our application for a PMV and until now we have now heard anything back from the immigration department.

I have sent two email enquiries regarding our application and have received a similar answer saying that they the application was currently being processed and the CO would get in touch with us if further documents was required. We were also told that the average processing time was 6 months and we were given details of our case officer. but they have not given us a tentative date as to when we could get an answer or at what stage our application is at and I don't want to be a pain and email all the time.

As you would all understand anxiety is starting to set in because we have not been asked for any further information/documents and an interview has not been conducted yet. Am just scared that comes the 6 months period and they decide to ask us for further information. Is it unusual that its over three months now and nothing has been asked from us?

I would like to receive any feedback or experience from anyone who has dealt with applying a visa from the Philippines.

Thank you and best of luck to everyone who is applying. This forum has really helped me getting through the waiting period. :)

See less See more
#5,060 ·
Hi,

Anyone who has experience booking via Onetravel.com?

My husband booked a flight through them last saturday and today, theres another charge of $1586 on his card and we cant find any number in australia to ring them and enquire about that other charge? Any same experience?

If anyone has a number to contact onetravel in australia, pls let me know

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

#5,068 ·
Hi,

Anyone who has experience booking via Onetravel.com?

My husband booked a flight through them last saturday and today, theres another charge of $1586 on his card and we cant find any number in australia to ring them and enquire about that other charge? Any same experience?

If anyone has a number to contact onetravel in australia, pls let me know

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Hi amie,
I have used them lots and never had a problem.
Go to there web site, down the bottom you will see "quick links" from there it shows all the different email and phone contacts .

#5,061 ·
I think Iduno uses them, try sending him PM, found this

Booking Related Inquiries[x] Close

Available 24/7 customer services.

1-800-425-4567

1-702-650-5405
or Credit Card Inquiries[x] Close

If you have been informed that your credit card is declined

please call

1-866-927-0174
or at

1-212-634-4163
press 1
or OneTravel Toll Free Customer Care 1-800-425-4567

#5,062 ·
If your hubby suspects the money has been taking fraudulently he should contact his credit card provider now

#5,064 ·
He already did, and they cancelled the old and will issue him a new card. But upon investigating, when he rang up the bank, he was told the charges was from malaysian air and when he rang up malaysian air, was advised to call the agency (onetravel.com) and all they have were US numbers.. Anyway, when i asked hubby to check his statement again bec there should be something that would say what the charges are for, and thats when he told me it says "Authorization" and found this on the web:

Q. I've been charged more than what was quoted.
Confirm with your bank whether the charges in question have posted or are pending to your account. At the time of reservation a "pending charge" is placed on your account for the full amount. The bank/credit card company then puts a "hold" on that dollar amount, until the transaction either posts or is cleared. With a successful transaction, the charge will typically post to the account within 2-3 business days, at that time the money will be deducted from your account, and the "hold" will be released. At times the "pending hold" can show on your account after the charge has posted. Please allow time for the "pending hold" to return to your available credit. This is dependent on your banking institutions policies.

- i've worked with expedia.com before and i told him its just an auth amount that would be credited bck to his account in 24-48hrs..
-geezz, was really a bit stressed today.. But at least its alright now.. We just have to wait 24-48hrs for that authorization removed, should be bck on his account... Lolz.. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

#5,063 ·
You have just scared me back into using the flight centre (travel agent in Australia)
good luck Aimee

#5,065 ·
Thats what hubby said, shouldve just booked directly w/ the airlines at least they have a contact number in AU, or flight center..

anyway.. I was looking at applying for a job with flight center coz i have training on diff airline booking and ticketing tools.. Lolz..

LESSON LEARNED:

Better to use prepaid card in purchases online (which is what i usually do) at least they wont be able to charge or hold amount more than what you were quoted.. Lolz

Sent from my iPhone

#5,077 ·
I've noticet that my visa grant letter contains only one signature from my CO and it's on the 2nd page.. Is this the case for everyone? Im worried because on the 3rd page, contains my CO name but no signature... Please??
Hi baby girl,
Hey, dont stress out about it.. Although mine have two signatures, the fact that the first was signed and your visa is associated with your passport. You can actually check ur visa online via VEVO to check restrictions or whatever..
Try to log in and see, and if u can view ur visa details online, then you shouldnt have to worry about it.. Chill girl... Lolzz..

Also for the benefit of others who already got their visas approved and wants to know their visa informations/restrictions especially those on tourists PMV spouse etc

Check out this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/vevo.htm

Choose enter as visa holder

Reference Type: Visa grant number

Fill in the infos needed them submit..
If ur visa is showing there, then you have nothing to worry about.. Lolz[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone

#5,074 ·
hi i am new in this forum, i was also asked if i have form 80 when i submitted my application subclass 309, of course i didn't have it, but i decided to fill up the form 80 and submitted it through AIR 21 i did not wait for my case officer to ask me...if i were you, you submit form 80 to avoid delays...good luck to all of us waiting...

#5,075 ·
Hi All
Form 80 is often a debatable item as it is only a requirement to submit if requested by the embassy. Pros are you are submitting it before being requested so it may save time Cons everything you submit the embassy will check which may also take time.

Personally I say don't submit and am curious to see out of those recently approved visas, how many people were actually asked for it or submitted in prevention of being asked for it

Though if you must submit, please find a guide at this forum on Form 80 Guides and Information

Reactions: jayralvarez
#5,076 ·
Well I wonder if we have already returned to Friday visa lotto as it seems to have dried up a bit this week. If your new and wondering what I am talking about, we noted over a period of time that Friday seems to be the day that many visa are granted on.

#5,080 ·
Hi Wewen
Nabunturan, Compostella Valley Davao. Really the same as when I am there I only saw a few westerners.

#5,082 ·
Well let us hope you both will be at the Davao airport soon to begin the trip to Australia, I am in Brisbane where you are aiming to move to

#5,084 ·
I was looking at applying for a job with flight center coz i have training on diff airline booking and ticketing tools.. Lolz..

LESSON LEARNED:

Better to use prepaid card in purchases online (which is what i usually do) at least they wont be able to charge or hold amount more than what you were quoted.. Lolz

I will be your first customer if you get me a real cheap flight;) I saw the prepaid visa card at the post office this morning, if I was to book through one travel.com with that card does it stop the need to carry a copy of the credit card as it in my opinion would be like paying for it in cash?? I am learning stuff here everyday it is great

#5,097 ·
You probably would still need to send ur fiancee picture/photocopy of the prepaid visa but at least you would feel more safer/secured and one travel wont be able to put a hold or "Authorization" amount on ur card.. U probably wouldnt notice it if ur using a credit card (not the prepaid) but what happened on hubby's case, he used his debit card so it has real cash on his account that's why we got paranoid why it was deducted on balance when he checked it.. But basically that "auth" amount would fall off within 24hrs.

I dont know if it only applies with Malaysian Air as what iduno mentioned that they have been using onetravel even before and on other airlines ( not Malaysian Air) and they didnt ask for it from her partner, but still she let her have a photocopy of his cc and drivers license (valid id w/ pix) just in case they ask for it.

Personally, i suggest only use prepaid VISA/MASTERcard on purchases online. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

#5,087 ·
ok cool Eleigh you have your visa granted thats great well done,

we just on tourist visa at the moment hoping our Visa application goes smoothly and quickly so we are soon in the same situation as u , good luck down under
do you know what airline you are using ? i am trying to find a cheap airfares for next month

cheers
Jason

#5,088 ·
ok cool Eleigh you have your visa granted thats great well done,

we just on tourist visa at the moment hoping our Visa application goes smoothly and quickly so we are soon in the same situation as u , good luck down under
do you know what airline you are using ? i am trying to find a cheap airfares for next month

cheers
Jason
We booked our flight via PAL (philippine airlines) only 1hr stop
Over in darwin.. Mine cost around 800aud plus just for one way ticket. 23kilos allowed for baggage. 7kilos for hand carry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.