Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicklittle View Post
Hi we just applied for defacto offshore in London got confirmation letter today says processing time Is at least 8 to 9 months and don't bother getting medicals or police checks until the end of Jan next year. Seems like a long wait :-(. Is it true what someone said above that they can give u an indication before that time that it will be granted but not until a later date
Hi there. Well done on submitting it and best of luck. I think you might be referring to my post so ill explain further. The first thing they do is check your evidence to satisfy the 12 month requirement. It was clear our CO hasn't looked at our entire application and he said this is the 1st thing they do. Once he'd done that he sent an email saying he was satisfied wq met the 12 month relationship requirement, and requested we get our meds and police checks but not til about 3 months. So what I mean is, once they receive yr app, the CO will ask for everything they need. So you'll know you've met the requirement because they won't ask you to doŁ300 medicals if you've not yet passed another aspect of the criteria. So while we have to wait 9 months to get the actual grant, we can assume there's no issues bc otherwise yr CO would raise them now, not in 9 months. Hope that makes sense? Sorry for bad formatting, typing on my mobile. All the best.