Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What to do, our IELTS expired

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 ·
We are desperate now and facing what we did not even imagine that could happen when we initialy applied for visa, my husbands IELTS expired in April 2009. We applied for state sponsorship and there under the required level of English and evidence one need to provide IELTS result obtained within last two (2) years. We submitted the test with our initial application to DIAC. We are in absolutely unbearable situation since it is additional 400 AU dollar cost for us. Will they, from State sponsorship ask us to sit the thest again? Anyone know or has an advice what to do!

#2 ·
I had been waiting bosnian to see if anyone had been in your situation re the IELTS and doesn't look like it.

Knowing how bureacracies can be, unfortunately I'd say you might have to be prepared to have the retest done.

You could try going with the existing results on the state nomination and I don't think there's too much of a fee with that one to risk but downside of the immigration application could be putting your application and fee in jeopardy if they do pull the application up and then do not allow you the time to re-sit.

I know $400 is bad enough especially when things are tight because of delays etc. but it's probably the safer way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.