Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmv london

13K views 102 replies 15 participants last post by  EDT 
#1 ·
My partner and I applied for PMV, four months in and I feel like my life is on hold and my future awaits someone else's decision! Argh so frustrating. Would love to hear from others who have also applied through London embassy Summer

#2 ·
Oh Summer, I didn't apply through London, but I can SO relate! Almost nine months waiting for mine (after waiting six months before that for my partner's PR approval which was supposed to take 6 weeks and took 6 months instead). I thought I was going to lose my everlovin' mind. :)

You might try taking a look at the London thread already on the forum (go to the Partner Visa Wait Times & Resources thread at the top of the forum and scroll down until you find the link to the London thread). There are other Partner Visa/PMV applicants there applying through London. There's no difference in process or wait times for the PMV and the Partner Visa through London, so those applying for the Partner Visa can also be of help to you. :) Hang in there, and be glad you applied when you did - London recently upped their wait times to 10-14 months for new applicants as of I think August 1. You made it in while it was still 8-9 months! :)

Reactions: Dinkum
#3 ·
We applied through London in May 2013, the visa was granted on 3 January 2014 and we married here in Australia on 24 May. The visa took 8 months 3 days to be granted with our case officer VF.

At four months we were still hopeful, at six - crumbling. By Christmas 2013 we were unhappy then by new year when we started to go into hysterics.

At night on 3 January (while Jason was making tea and I we weren't using video skype because my webcam died) we received the email.

It will happen. Suddenly.

xxxxx

F&J

#4 ·
I applied on 18th of March and my CO is also VF! So glad to hear you got your visa just after 8 months - gives me hope I'll get mine in November!

and yes, waiting for a decision is frustrating :( Gladly I don't need to live apart with my fiance as we are together in the UK for over a year already and we are planning to stay in Europe til April 2014 to do some traveling before we move to Australia.

But still even if I live with my partner and we are together I feel like we live in a limbo :(. All those little things like buying new stuff to our house we are renting seems pointless cos in cpl of months we will have to get rid of all of it...I really can't wait to start our life in Australia so we finally can settle down and properly plan and build our future. It's a bit of a worry to start everything from 0 again but at least you know it's where you are going to spend the rest of your life so it just feels so right!

#5 ·
Thanks College girl for sharing, yes I just read that the London processing times has increased I'm so thankful that we got in before that! 9 months is long enough to wait. We are basically half way and the time has passed quite quickly although it's the distance which is the hardest part. It's my partners birthday this week and I can't be with him, but traveling over the world is really not something we can afford at the moment. We thought about getting him a tourist visa but there is a good chance it will be denied (again) as he is from a high risk country and financially it's probably best to wait for the PMV even though it's frustrating. You have to have a special kind of patience for this visa journey!
It's lovely to read about others in the same situation and it makes me happy to see that visas are being granted around the 8 month mark, it gives me hope and helps me to push through the next few months optimistically!
Thanks everyone for sharing ;)

#6 ·
Ok so my partner got a call from our CO last night, not 100% sure why but I am expecting her call also in the next few days. My partner is currently in Romania he is romanian, he is visiting family and getting some dental work done. After the phone call she emailed asking where he usually resides in which we explained he will be back in London (hopefully) by end of September. I am so stressed, will there be an issue that he is in Romania and applied in London? I would hate to think they would send his application through to Serbia or something now. Anyone with any insight please let me know. I haven't slept I just feel so worried not that I think we should be just this process is taking it's toll :( I haven't seen my partner in 9 months and I just feel like of something goes wrong with his PMV I don't think I will handle it very well!

#7 ·
Are you in the UK, or in Aus? How long is he in Romania for? He's supposed to apply at whatever embassy is closest to him - so if he was in Romania when he applied, then yes, he should have applied at a different embassy. Did he apply by paper or online? If online, there would have been questions to help determine which embassy his application should go to. If he's only in Romania for a short trip (a couple of weeks or a couple of months even) I wouldn't worry about it, as they're not going to transfer his case just for that.

#8 ·
I am in Australia. He applied in London, when we applied he was living and working in London. He has been back in Romania since may so it's been a few months but the plan is for him to go back to London once his dental work is finished which will probably be in the next few weeks if all goes to plan. I'm concerned why she is calling us as far as I can see from threads we shouldn't really hear from her lol I am beyond stressed it hope she calls me so I can assertain why she is contacting us. I hope nothing is wrong.

#9 ·
I wouldn't worry, then. They're not going to transfer his case. I hope she was able to get in touch with him, though. Romania is a pretty high-risk country, so since he's from Romania, it wouldn't be unusual for them to do an interview, even though you're applying through the UK. My guess is that's what's going on here. :) Don't worry - you'll be fine! :)

#11 ·
No worries! That's what we're here for. :)

#12 ·
Just a quick update, my partner has been called into the London office on Thursday so our co can sight original documents of his passport etc. is this normal? I assume he will be interviewed also. In the email it says to bring any documentation that would support our case. What should he take ? We have skype and viber history although he is without a printer etc would they just want to sight these things? Could he possibly show his phone and all our messages etc or is this inappropriate? I'm so excited and nervous all in one !!!!

#13 ·
Usually when they send an email it will say request for interview.

When they say to bring evidence to support your claim they want anything additional after you lodge visa showing you keep in contact (if apart), any trips together etc.

I highly doubt that they will accept being shown on the phone because everything needs to be kept together and is shown to the senior officer before sign off.

Your partner can use an internet cafe to print things that is what mine did.

Good-luck :)

#14 ·
Thanks Mish,
I've just emailed him all our history as I've kept screen shots etc and yes he can print it out. Is it unusual for them to request to see the original documents separate to an interview? He is from a high risk country so I suppose it's not abnormal. I just worry about everything because this is our future in the hands of these immigration officers lol :) thank you for your reply I appreciate it :)

#16 ·
Hang in there, A&J. They've been granting close to the 9 month mark recently. You'll get your grant soon. Just be glad you're not a new applicant who gets to wait 10-14 months. ;)

#17 ·
Yeah you are almost there! Hopefully you are only couple days or week away!

Good luck for everyone waiting for their visas. I almost reached 7 months mark but because I live with my partner waiting it's not that painful like it is for others that have to wait for their visas apart. But still it's a pain in the ass!

#20 ·
YAY, A&J! That's AMAZING! Congrats!!!! :)

Reactions: A&JCooper
#24 ·
I honestly don't know do you think they are doubting us? Yes I got interviewed at home and my partner was interviewed at the London office. His was arranged and mine totally unexpected. We haven't spent much time together in person so maybe they want to be sure that our relationship is genuine... He is from a high risk country... We did meet online... They asked a lot of questions basically things that were in the visa and about my partner which I found to be fine. They did however ask since we last saw each other there is not a lot of evidence that we continue a genuine relationship which I found extremely left field as we skype and viber day and night etc so I explained that to them I mean when you are countries apart it's basically all you have is to share your day with your partner through conversations and photos etc and that's what we do, every day! I hope there isn't any problems we will both be heart broken it's been such a long wait and we just want to start our lives together already

#25 ·
Sounds like they are doubting it especially since he met online and have not seen each other much.

I would think Skype etc were normal forms of communication to show you are in contact. What else do they expect when you are apart.

Is there a big age difference at all? Sometimes that can raise flags.

#26 ·
He is 2 years older than me so no age difference really. I hope the interviews clear up any doubt they have. Now I am concerned but it's out of my hands, just sit back and wait i suppose...
He did offer to show our contact history since we applied for the visa as did I but we were both told it was unecessary... I don't know what to think

#28 ·
He is 2 years older than me so no age difference really. I hope the interviews clear up any doubt they have. Now I am concerned but it's out of my hands, just sit back and wait i suppose...
He did offer to show our contact history since we applied for the visa as did I but we were both told it was unecessary... I don't know what to think
Wow strange. I wonder why interview you and then say contact history is unnecessary.

Now all you can do is wait.

#29 ·
It's a bit weird how they are still considering couples that met online as something with higher risk... it's not like you never met in person your partner.

I'm just wondering why does it matter so much how you met your partner... Nowadays couples that met online it's nothing strange and I would even say it's really common! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.