Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  kerrylouise 
#1 ·
ok guys so heres my situation

I have applied for a partner visa with my Australian partner

we met in 2011 started an official relationship in June 2011 and moved in together in august 2012 under my parents roofs - then moved to Australia in march 2013 and applied for the partner visa in march 2014

so in Ireland we lived with my parents as my partner was injured and unable to work, I worked full time and provided for him financially physically and emotionally. Although the lease wasn't in our names we have a letter from the landlord stating the dad he moved in with me. we also have separate bank statements but both with my address on them.

when we moved to Australia we moved into his parents house as we obviously didn't have jobs
in feb 2014 our names were put on the lease along with his brothers name. His parents and brother are doing state decs declaring we have lived here since we have moved over. We also have bank statements high lighting rent payments going out as well as food bills, phone bills health insurance bills.

on top of this I have
3 non Australian resident declarations
letter from landlord in Ireland
lease for house over here
separate Irish bank statements
personal aussie bank accounts (not in sure expect for present buying and a car loan)
joint account opened in august 2013 when I started working (our every day account)
joint savings
high interest savings account for a future house
photos
personal cards addressed to us
christening invitation from his sister + a family photo
invitation and a thank you card from my grandparents wedding anniversary plus a photo from the night that was taken from a newspaper
various tickets from traveling overseas
hotel booking
concert tickets
credit card statements
epac statements
health insurance (not joint as bupa wouldn't allow it)
bank statements
phone bills
tax return letters
superfunds in both our names
2 form 888 declarations but planning on submitting a few more

is this enough?

Also I have been told to complete my medical

I dont smoke and i dont have any health problems that I know of. The only issue I have is im over weight but it doesn't effect me working or anything (had to have a medical to get my job)

will this be an issue?

any help is greatly appreciated!!! :) :):):):):):):):):)

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say you definitely have enough there :)
We are currently rushing around trying to get evidence together to get our application in before the fee goes up on Jan 1st. Could I ask, how did you get the declarations from non Australian residents? I really want to include a couple from friends and family in the UK (we already have 4 Australian residents who are doing one for us) but thought these would be good as more evidence. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that.

But I think what you have is fine :)

#3 ·
Heya, my parents and friends just wrote a declaration claiming how they know me and the relationship etc, they got their id certified by the police and it was accepted. If you need I can always check and see the lay out on how my family did there's.

I hope this helps

#5 ·
They just write it on a bit of paper - there is no specific form.

What I did for my partners UK family was write a list of things I wanted them to mention specific to them, and they just wrote a few pages in chronological order.

E.g stated how my partner and I met, when we met the family, when we moved in together, how they saw us as a couple (e.g that they had seen us cook meals together and share household responsibilities). Specific dates -forexmaple we went on a weekend away together as a family when I was in the UK, we had Christmas and birthdays together so they mentioned those and at the end the gave some details on how they saw our relationship from the outside looking in :)

#9 ·
It looks like you've got great evidence! I would suggest lodging your application online because the online forms give you a handy checklist to submit evidence.

AND REMEMBER - the fees go up from $3085 to $4700 in January!!!! So get online NOW, open your Immi account, fill in your form and PAY!! The way the online process works is that once you register your Immi Account, have have filled in your form and paid, you get into the processing queue, then you have several weeks to actually submit your evidence online. Most people don't realise that!

Creating an Immi account and filling in the online form (I think it was the 40SP or 47SP?) doesn't take long at all - I'm guessing it will only take you about two hours as it looks like you've done a lot of work already. So do it now and save $1600!!!!

Good luck!

#12 ·
It probably depends on the embassy that you apply at for their requirements for non-residents. Where we applied the embassy told us just to write them on a plain piece of paper and sign them, no witnesses or anything.

Always best to check with the embassy what their requirements are.

#13 ·
Yeah we have the 888s sorted already, got about 4 people doing them for us, all Australian residents. The statements from people back in UK are just extra, so just getting them to do it on paper and sign, but the required 888s for the application are fine and all sorted, these statements from home are just a boost :)

#16 ·
This is why I told kerrylouise that I gave the people doing statements for me a list of things I wanted them to mention - which took about 5mins for me to put together.

But from my point of view - unless you are simply using it as a guide, there is no point getting them to fill in form 888 if it's not legally binding - which is the entire point of having Australian citizens fill form 888 out, so that if it's shown that they are lying then can be held accountable in a court of law.

That's just how i feel, but for format reasons, I can understand why people would have family members fill in the form 888 even though they were not Australian residents/PR :)

Reactions: LizBee
#18 ·
From page 1 of Form 888

Note: If the visa applicant is outside Australia and is unable to have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident complete this form, any person who knows the applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) may also complete this form.

The person completing this form must provide evidence of their current name, age and, where applicable, Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency. All copies must be certified.

Reactions: starlight
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.