Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Partner Visas - writing your own statements (sponsor & partner)
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Users Flag! From australia

1451 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Reginleif -

Thanks for the questions - you may have confused the applicant and sponsor relationship statements with the witness statements.

Re: applicant and sponsor relationship statements, no need to make these stat decs, they can simply be printed, signed and scanned. No need for witnessing these statements.

Re: witness statements, you generally need at least 2 Form 888's (which are stat dec forms) from 2 Australian citizens or permanent residents. For onshore partner applications, this is expected; for offshore applications, they will not require that the declarants be Australian citizens or permanent residents. Many people lodge with additional Form 888s or additional written statements rather than just the 2 required. For additional Form 888's (and the required 2), these need to be properly witnessed by a JP or other qualified witness. For additional non-stat dec statements, a copy of the signed statement plus a copy of the declarant's passport biodata page or driver licence (in English) is fine. All can be colour scanned and uploaded.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
Hi Mark,

I've actually stumbled upon this thread when I was trying to find out more about the stat dec required for Partner Visa and the Sponsorship.

I would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind please?

1. It is said that a Stat Dec must be signed by two witnesses however on the forms that I've came across, both for the Applicant (immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/_pdf/stat_dec_applicant.pdf) and the Sponsor (immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/_pdf/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf), they both only have 1 place to note the down the signature (on pg. 3), does this mean only 1 witness signature is required?

2. Based on the questions and answers that I have previously read on this thread, the supporting documents for the relationship history is better to be made on the Stat Dec forms that I've mentioned above, however these forms do not have the space to contain all stories/details on other topics that you have provided as examples, such as:

• How you met, when you met, and where you met
• The types of things you tended to do together during dating and courtship (including places you went out, things you did together, etc)
• How the relationship progressed and became stronger/closer
• Details of shared financial and other responsibilities.
• Details of how you organise your household finances.
• Details of family and social events with friends and relatives
• Details of holidays taken together or weekends away, etc.
• Details of how one partner is supportive of the other partner’s lifestyle choices, social activities, sporting and recreational activities, friends and family.
• Details of how you intend to live together.
• Details of your commitment to each other.

Does that mean we would need to attach a written statement separate than the stat dec forms?

Thanks again for the clarification

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coming2oz/