Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What does'short stay' mean on the Form 80?

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  kttykat 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Taking me so long to complete form 80 (character assessment) and have a couple of questions I hope you can help me out on.

Q45 asks if you have travelled to any other countries other than Australia (including short stays). Does anyone know the definition of short stay with the application? I mean if I went on holiday for a week does that class as a short stay? If so I cannot remember exact months or even years over the past 10!

Q22 asks if I have any personal contacts in Australia and has boxes for 2 people. I will fill in the details for 2 people but I have many friends here, I am not sure how many more people to add on the additional details section - anyone any advice?

Look forward to your help

#2 ·
Hi Guys,

Taking me so long to complete form 80 (character assessment) and have a couple of questions I hope you can help me out on.

Q45 asks if you have travelled to any other countries other than Australia (including short stays). Does anyone know the definition of short stay with the application? I mean if I went on holiday for a week does that class as a short stay? If so I cannot remember exact months or even years over the past 10!

Hi Carolyn, I had the same dilemma. You'll have to go back to your passport/s and check the specific dates and countries you've been to over the past 10 years so that you don't miss out on any details. Yes, I also included week-long, even weekend holidays overseas.

Q22 asks if I have any personal contacts in Australia and has boxes for 2 people. I will fill in the details for 2 people but I have many friends here, I am not sure how many more people to add on the additional details section - anyone any advice?

I guess it would be wise for you to list ALL your closest personal contacts in Australia. I believe that when it comes to declaring information that the DIAC requires, full disclosure is always best.

Look forward to your help
Good luck!

#3 ·
Hi Carolyn -

Re: Q45, yes, you need to include all trips if you stayed even 1 day in a location. If you only transited through an airport and did not clear customs/immigration, then it's not generally considered a "stay" and doesn't need to be listed.

Re Q22 - 2 is fine, no need to list more.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Mark Northam

#4 ·
Thanks for your response.

I am from the UK so if I go on holiday my passport doesn't get stamped as most of my holidays were in the EU. If I have no stamps then surely I can answer no to that question?

Also, I had a 10hr stopover in Singapore on my way over here so did the 2hr tour, my passport was stamped as I left the terminal - so do you think I should state this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.