Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Want to marry a Moldovan girl in Australia: Tourist Visa suggestion
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos View Post
Hi yasirfarabi, I was just curious if you ever figured out your situation. I am in a similar spot, and was looking for a way forward too. Let me know. Appreciate it. Thanks.
Hello kratos. She was here in December and we spent a very warm 2 weeks together. Obviously I figured out something.

She applied for 3 weeks tourist visa at Australian Embassy in Russia and was granted a 1 month visa with "no further stay" condition. I provided the following documents:

1. My bank statement stating my bank balance (nearly 16,000 AUD) with income stream for the last 6 months or so (proof of her living expenditure)
2. My passport photocopy with my visa label
3. Flight booking (return included). Just booking, not actual purchase
4. Invitation letter (main focus was to state the reasons why she would have to return home...like: she left her kids home, she is a single mom, her mom would take care of the kids but she has full time job...so she cant continue this forever, she has nobody in Australia, her whole family is there, she is the president of parent's committee at school)
5. My rental agreement (proof of her accommodation)
6. Travel Insurance (actual purchase)
7. Statutory declaration

She got her visa within 2 weeks of application lodgement. She was called by embassy and was asked what was her relationship with me, how have we met, if she is afraid to travel alone to someone who she doesn't know and blah blah.

If you have further query, feel free to ask.