Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are these?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MarkNortham 
#1 ·
Hi all I have logged in after a very long time seeing if I could apply. I took the test but am very clear on what these new terms are

1. There are two categories of skilled migration it seems. One is nominated and the other is independant. What is the difference between the two?

2. What is the difference between the sol no 1 and 2 and the third one?

3. Why does it say when one tries to apply on the site that they are not taking any more applications for that particular kinds of visas?

4. I also see that after applying for a EOI, it declines me saying that the occupation is not on the list. But it is the list from which I chose the number.

I will greatly appreciate everyone who can shed some light on these four questions I have. :confused:

#2 ·
Hi -

Will try to help....

1. Independent requires no sponsorship (subclass 189), State/Territory sponsored requires State or Territory sponsorship (subclass 190) which you must obtain after qualifying visa IELTS and skills assessment.

2. There are only 2 occupations lists currently in use for skilled migration - the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) used for the subclass 189, 485 and some other visas, and the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL), used for the subclass 190, 457 and other visas. Links here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Note that in some presentations, the SOL is shown as Schedule 1 of the CSOL, which includes Schedules 1 and 2.

3. Because the skilled visa system was turned upside down on 1 July 2012 and most of the old visas (175, 176, etc) are no longer available for application.

4. Not sure why you're seeing this, perhaps review above lists and make sure the list is correct for the visa you wish to apply for.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.