Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801)
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Laegil Laegil is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 166
Users Flag! From germany

112 likes received
18 likes given

it sounds like you should get the permanent visa straight away. The requirements are
a) having a child (yes)
b) having been together for at least two years (you say since 2010, so yes)

You fulfill them. It doesn't matter if you have been in a de facto and then in a married relationship within these two years, the Migration Booklet 1 simply says:

"In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you lodge your application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:
at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for
3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship; "

So there you go, 2 years less waiting