Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - CPAA Skilled Employment Advice
View Single Post
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Ausstart National's Avatar
Ausstart National Ausstart National is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 203
Users Flag! From australia

50 likes received
6 likes given

You could push through, and make the EOI online.It is DIAC that decides, and the last i checked, they accept skilled experience gained after the minimum qualification is awarded to the person.
In the opinion of the skill assessment authority, you didn't have the minimum qualification required to be able to perform that occupation in Australia, which is a shame, as you were able to perform the occupation for 8 years already in your home country.
(Actually, you you only just met the minimum qualification requirements in December 2012)
It is a risk, but its up to you. In my opinion, you should go for the 190 state /sponsored, or travel to Australian temporarily on business with the short term busienss visa, get the accreditation with NAATI as a para-professional interpreter, and then make your EOI for the 189 visa.

Also, whatever you decide, after you get the invitation, best idea is to get on a plane, and make the final application in Australia.
Chris Evans
Migration Agent 1173793
Find Us

Last edited by Ausstart National; 02-22-2013 at 06:51 AM.