Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy

389K views 2K replies 289 participants last post by  kev747 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences, I have noticed on here people are saying the visa processing times at the London embassy is 9-12 months. I was looking for a migration agent in London and their website says 4-6 months.

I just don't want to get my hopes up if it will be 9-12 months.

Thanks in advance!

#983 ·
Huge congratulations!

Reactions: Zorro
#990 ·
Hi Everyone,

I never posted on this forum but I have been an avid reader and loved the amount of information everyone shared. I thought I would share the good news as every time I read here that someone received their visa, it gave me hope that ours would come soon.

So, our 100 visa was granted on 20th October, 5 months and 10 days after applying!! I am ecstatic as my wife is already in Melbourne working and the time apart was getting very (too!) long.
I am french (living in London for the past 15 years), my wife is Australian and we met here in London almost 4 years ago. We got married in France in March, a month before she flew away to start her new job.

The plan was to fly out there in November whether or not the visa was granted but this makes it all simpler!
The funny thing is that it was my wife (my sponsor) who received the confirmation email, and she called me in the middle of night to check the IMMI website to ensure she had read it right.
I still haven't received anything by email, but I downloaded the grant notification from the website.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope this means the waiting time in London has officially been reduced.

Cheers
Alban

#991 ·
Hi all :) my partner and I have applied for the prospective marriage visa with the London embassy. We applied in early May.
We have given them everything they could need and more. We had a case officer within a week or two. In July they asked for and we got his health checks (all clear!).

We are starting to break down over this now. It's killing us. Our wedding is in June and I'm so homesick, and he just wants to get the move done . We want to start our life.

I guess I'm here to see what experiences people are currently having with processing times... but also too see how people have coped with the waiting. Immmaling myself sick over it and so is he. We aren't coping.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone!

#992 ·
The waiting is horrid. We have not heard anything (applied 18th August). You had your case officer assigned very quick so I imagine it is just a matter of a short wait for you now. Phew! I'm not coping with the wait very well either. My husband is great-very calm about it all. I just want to get on with our new life!!

#996 ·
Worth stating that we waited 14 months but our 100 was granted immediately (no 309). Therefore I believe we don't need to submit any additional applications.

Also to raise is that the online guidance states you will be contacted after two years (from lodgement date) to apply for the 100. When we called our local office they actually said you can apply online (via IMMI) and do not need to wait for any letter. You will obviously still need to meet all the 100 requirements.

Timelines:

01/09/2014 - Applied online.
14/09/2014 - Case Office requested additional information that we provided same week.
09/01/2015 - Uploaded some updated docs.
29/07/2015 - No response since January.
29/08/2015 - Sent email. CO responded and advised to proceed with police and health checks.
20/10/2015 - Attended Medical Exam.
20/10/2015 - Applied for Police Check.
31/10/2015 - Uploaded evidence of Medical Exam (actual report was submitted by GP) and Police Check Certificate.
05/11/2015 - Visa granted.

#1,002 ·
They will take no notice of your wedding date. If you don't have your visa you will have to change it.

#1,006 ·
For those 'front loading' your police and health checks how do you do this. Do you have to use a specific medical centre or can you do it locally? As for the police check what exactly do you ask the police for? I know it sounds silly but there is an official name?

Thanks

We are in Scotland btw

#1,009 ·
For those 'front loading' your police and health checks how do you do this. Do you have to use a specific medical centre or can you do it locally? As for the police check what exactly do you ask the police for? I know it sounds silly but there is an official name?

Thanks

We are in Scotland btw
I had my police check done prior to applying but waited until I had paid the fee to then be able to do my medical.

Medical was completed some 2 weeks after application date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.