Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:08 AM

Users Flag! From india

16 likes received
22 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0dy View Post
Not sure where the best place to ask this is... but here is my situation.

We applied online for the 309/100 in June 2014, they asked for medical + police checks in July - we sent everything back by August.
We had hoped to have the visa before going to visit my family in Australia in January - called the office beforehand and they wouldn't tell us anything.

Visa got approved (yay!) middle of March (6 weeks after we returned from Australia...)
and my partner is supposed to enter the country by August.
Very frustrating because it's a really expensive and long flight - and we have just been.

I don't understand why they would ask for the health check so early (I thought they usually ask closer to making a decision) - and then give such short notice for first entry (they are basing the entry date on when the health checks were performed).

Has anyone had success with getting the entry date changed? Or appealling etc.?
I fear entering dates just caNnot be changed. I beg to comment that you should be happy than being frustrated as here are people waiting for so long to get visa to be granted, n you hve the Visa .. You stil have 3 months ..tickets aint really that expensive

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have Promises to keep,
And Miles to go before I sleep..