Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 01:34 AM

Users Flag! From australia

120 likes received
27 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna01 View Post
Hi! I am new to this site, but reading through some of your posts has already been really helpful. I applied for my partner visa on March 27 this year from the US, so it's been three months now. My husband and I have been together for 6 years (married for 2 of those) and have both been living in the US for the whole relationship, so I am hoping that our application will be pretty straight-forward. Last month we received an email saying that our application would be reviewed soon and the status changed to "Assessment in Progress". We are really hoping to get approved by September or we would have to wait until next year to move because of work complications, but I know it's just a waiting game now. I had a couple of questions: - I have gotten conflicting information from the embassy about whether or not to proceed with police/medical checks. I went ahead and started the FBI check, but wasn't sure how to begin with the medical check. From what I have read, it looks like I need to wait for them to send me information on some sort of online account. Is this correct? - Also, I was under the impression that my husband and I would actually have to visit the embassy for an interview before being approved. Is this part of the partner visa process, or will we be approved without having to go there? Thank you!
I haven't heard of interviews lately in this thread unless perhaps if people are from high risks countries?
Application Date: 31 December 2014
Police Checks: Completed 5/6/15
Medicals: Completed 27/5/15
VISA GRANTED: 1/7/15!!! Yay!!
PMV to 820:
Application date: 28/3/16
Visa Granted: 11/4/16