Australia Forum banner

Spouse visa from Sri Lanka

479K views 2K replies 170 participants last post by  emmanuel.fernando.la 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm trying to find someone who applied for spouse visa 309 from Sri Lanka so I can get an idea of the timeline for the process.

#807 ·
Hi all

Hi i just crate a account here abd thx for everyones comments.
So my story is i being living australia for 9 yrs and finaly i got married to australiangirl. I got refused few of my visa and i was in da bve as last option. So i came to sri lanka and i lodge my partner vis online on may 25. And done my medicals and my police clearence. So my question is, is any one had a experience like me and how long will take to process my cass
Thx

#808 ·
Hi i just crate a account here abd thx for everyones comments.
So my story is i being living australia for 9 yrs and finaly i got married to australiangirl. I got refused few of my visa and i was in da bve as last option. So i came to sri lanka and i lodge my partner vis online on may 25. And done my medicals and my police clearence. So my question is, is any one had a experience like me and how long will take to process my cass
Thx
You mentioned your visa got refused. How many times did you apply and under which streams?

Why didn't you apply from Australia ? you could have gone to a bridging visa if you did so.(like BVE as you mentioned)

Well usual time period is 12 month for the spouse visa. Give or take it might work out within 6-7 months. Some have received even within 4 & 1/2 months while some have taken up to 9 - 12 months. Really depends on the case officers assigned.

#809 ·
Hi john
I couldnt apply from australia coz i got refused few visa.my migration agent advice me its better to offshore and apply as same immi advice me. It becoz there is a possibility to refused my visa again.
So i got refused my tr coz i didnt meat the ielts requirements. Then i apply for mrt it also got refused. Then my migration agent apply for refuge visa coz he told me refugee visa take a whie to process and i can find some way to appy for pr. Then i got refused refugee and then I appeal to rrt it also got refused finaly i request to minist and i got marry my aussie girl. Its a true realtionship we got marry wth a big wedding wth all her and my family who living australia. So i already submit application from australia my agent did it. But it gona process in sri lanka. Just worring they gona drag my case coz of i got refused few visa

#810 ·
You previously mentioned you were in aussie for 9 years. Under which visa category ?

I believe as long as you have mentioned that your previous visas got refused and the relevant reasons in the application, there won't be a issue.

Anyways just contact MISH (Forum Moderator) He might be able to help you with your case as he has been in the forum for a longer time than us.

#817 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have just learned of these forums through a work colleague. My partner and I applied for the PMV in January. He is based in Sri Lanka and I am based in Melbourne Australia. We met at the beginning of 2015 while I was in Sri Lanka for 6 months. It is great to know that there are other people in the same shoes as us. Wish you all the best with your applications.

------------------------------
Application Submitted on 10JAN2016
Bio-metrics and Medical Submitted on 08FEB2016
Additional Documents Submitted on 01MAR2016

#821 ·
Hi every one
Hope every one will hear gud news soon. So i heard frm my migration agent today I applied on 25 th may and done my biometrics and my medicals after two weeks i applied so and they assigned a CO for my case and aking further evidence. So ny one have a idea now how long it will take
Regads

#823 ·
Grants are given according to the DOL. Only in certain occasions the grants are given before the given time period (If your wife is pregnant or have a child)

Otherwise still 12 months periods apply for all applicants.

Once your application had progressed from the case officer to the senior officer, its on their hands to give the decision.

#839 ·
Hi I'm new to this blog but I have been going through most of the posts. I to applied for a PMV and awaiting the outcome. From what I read every case differs according to information provided. I hope we all receive good news soon as the wait is frustrating.

DOL 10 Feb 2016
Medical requested on 10 Feb
Further info given on 17 Mar
Initial assessment notice 15 June

#841 ·
Now there is a there is a large group applicants waiting after completing their Initial assessments.
It looks like no one is getting through to the next stage...
Hopefully they have already completed assessing the files and waiting to grant visas as soon as they become available.

Reactions: Island Girl
#850 ·
i dont know why

Guys i sent an email to immigration asking for an update and this was their reply.i dont know when they are really going to grant.

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

An initial assessment on your application has now been completed and it has
progressed to the next stage. Applications are assessed in the order of the
date of lodgement and in accordance with any relevant Ministerial
Directions. The global service standard for Partner visas is 12 months.
Service standards are measured from the date we receive a complete
application to the date of the final decision. We aim to process 75 per
cent of complete Family Stream visa applications within this timeframe
however individual processing times will vary depending on a range of
factors. Service standards are aspirational and are not a guarantee that
your application will be processed within this time frame.

Once your application has reached the top of the queue and there is
sufficient information for a decision to be made, a case officer will
proceed with a final assessment of the application. A case officer may
contact you at that time to verify that your relationship is ongoing.

Please note a decision on a Partner visa application that has been lodged
outside Australia can only be made when the applicant is outside Australia.
If you are in Australia when the application is ready to be finalised, you
will be asked to advise us of when you leave Australia for the application
to be finalised.

Hope and pray this would happen soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.