Driving Test : UK vs. Oz

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Cost Of Living

Cost Of Living Please use this section of the site to discuss anything to do with the cost of living in Australia. Feel free to post cost of living queries. If you have any current information on actual figures to do with the cost of rent, food, water, electricity, gas etc then it would be really helpful to our members if you could share the information here.

Driving Test : UK vs. Oz

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
jDv jDv is offline
Active Member
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 24
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
Driving Test : UK vs. Oz

Over the past couple of months I have had approx 30 hours of driving lessons and was due to book my driving test for July.

I now have an opportunity to move to Australia which may happen in July if it does happen.

I wondered, would I be required to have a new conversion test once I get to Australia or will i be able to drive with my uk license if i pass in the Uk?

I'm toying with the idea of not taking the test here in the UK and having a few more lessons in Australia once I get there and then take the test there or would I be better off to do it in the Uk? Also taking cost into consideration ...

Any advice would be appreciated ...

457 Business Long Stay | 11/06/2013 Application received - processing commenced | 11/06/2013 Application fee received | 01/07/2013 Application being processed further | 08/07/2013 Applicant Approved

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

12 likes received
Hi jDv,

I think the best advice would be to take your test in the UK prior to coming here! Depending on the visa etc you would be coming out on and your length of stay usually dictates what you can and cant do in regards to licensing etc!

Hopefully this link should give you at least a bit of info on the matter


This is relevant to Victoria, other states may well be different, so be best checking the relevant state you intent to travel in!


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drinking and driving ushra Visas and immigration 9 05-23-2014 09:17 AM
Driving Job question mesmer Jobs and work 0 09-24-2012 01:30 PM
Driving in QLD Andreea Visas and immigration 0 07-24-2012 12:35 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.