Are British IT degrees accepted in Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Education

Education Use this area of the site to discuss anything to do with education in Australia. With topics ranging from higher eduction, Universities, Schools all the way to teaching in Australia - have a look inside and feel free to participate.

Are British IT degrees accepted in Australia

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From srilanka

Smile Are British IT degrees accepted in Australia

I'm a Sri Lankan undergraduate currently in second year Softwaree Engineering. The university I study is affiliated with Curtin University Australia and Sheffield Hallam UK.
I would like to follow the SHU degree my next year and complete the BEng in Sri Lanka but I have no intention of working in UK.
I'm planning to migrate to Australia for the masters with my fiancÚ who is also a SHU graduate in Quantity Surveying.
I still have time to decide whether to complete the Curtin program or Sheffield Hallam.
Please let me know if the Sheffield Hallam BEng Hons. Software Engineering is accepted in Australia!
This is my first post sorry if I've made any mistakes.

Last edited by Laish129; 07-21-2016 at 05:59 PM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From usa


Sadly, there's no single authority in Australia which assesses or recognizes all overseas qualifications. In actual fact, there are lots of stakeholders involved - and it'll depend on your occupation and where you wish to move to as to who will assess your qualifications.

If you are looking for work in your trade or profession, a qualification assessment will help a prospective employer or an organisation understand the educational level of your overseas qualification.
Free assessments are available to individuals residing or working in South Australia that are either an Australian citizen, permanent resident, on a pathway to permanent residency visa or a temporary visa holder with work rights.


Closed Thread

curtin, software engineering, sri lanka

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help the homesick :) how can I watch British TV in Australia? paricia General chit-chat and news 17 06-26-2015 02:49 AM
English test (UK degrees vs Australian degrees) gijo Visas and immigration 3 06-06-2014 12:42 AM
Engineering University Degrees - Adaptation to Australia jjferrandis Jobs and work 0 06-20-2013 09:43 AM
How are British expats welcomed in Australia? Editor Issues and current events 0 05-04-2013 12:10 AM
Is South Australia more British than Britain? Editor Issues and current events 5 01-06-2013 05:00 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.