PR holder students in Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Education

Education Use this area of the site to discuss anything to do with education in Australia. With topics ranging from higher eduction, Universities, Schools all the way to teaching in Australia - have a look inside and feel free to participate.

PR holder students in Australia

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Post PR holder students in Australia

Will any one tell me that, will a PR holder student from other country will get domestic fee scheme on immediate PR visa grant or they need to wait for next 2 years???????

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
If you are a PR, you have full residency rights for most things though there are some wait periods re social security entitlements.

I think you'll find there is no wait re being able to enrol in studies and pay as a resident, of course you have to get entry into a course first and if there are variances as to how fees are applied it could be decided upon by the different education organisations.

There is a section on settling in Australia on the immi site and if they do not mention a restriction there, I doubt there will be a wide official policy and you'll be best to contact the organisation you are thinking of studying at.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are international students treated unfairly in Australia? mike Education 17 04-06-2013 01:04 AM
Free Service for International Students who want to study in Australia annalee_ledda Education 1 05-04-2011 11:56 AM
business owner visa holder continuing to study in Australia, what to do h1zchan Education 1 03-28-2011 03:33 AM
Can dependent of a RSMS (subclass 119/857) holder work anywhere in Australia? user_name Visas and immigration 6 12-24-2010 12:19 AM
new pr rules in australia for students 2010 hanji Visas and immigration 0 06-04-2010 01:00 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.