Student on a 801 Visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Education

Education Use this area of the site to discuss anything to do with education in Australia. With topics ranging from higher eduction, Universities, Schools all the way to teaching in Australia - have a look inside and feel free to participate.

Student on a 801 Visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From canada

Post Student on a 801 Visa

Hi everyone,

I have a question about enrolment and fees at the University of Sydney that is a bit tricky and I can't seem to find information anywhere about it!

A bit of background - I am a Canadian citizen enrolling in the University of Sydney as an international student. My partner and I are planning on submitting my defect PR application (he is Aussie, we have been together for 3 years and so on...) and once that is submitted and approved, I will be on the 801 provisional visa while they process my PR. My question is:

On the 801 visa, will I be able to switch over to a domestic student? As on the dept. of immigration website, it says I am allowed to study on a 801 visa. I am just not sure if that means I am eligible to pay domestic fees or not.

Thank you so much for your help!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,215
Users Flag! From australia

3689 likes received
1176 likes given
The 801 is a permanent visa which gives you domestic fees upfront.

Closed Thread

student, university, visa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uni student 801 visa refused hanginthere Visas and immigration 4 02-12-2016 11:34 AM
Student to Partner Visa (801/820) Kolto Visas and immigration 3 12-03-2012 02:40 PM
Student (573) --> Partner (801 / 820) Visa: A Few Questions... Harley Visas and immigration 2 10-18-2012 12:36 PM
Apply for second student visa after lodging a partner visa application (820/801) forbesal Visas and immigration 0 08-08-2012 09:17 AM
Lodging Partner Visa 820/801 whilst on Student Visa 573 Paulie79 Visas and immigration 28 04-26-2012 08:13 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.