applying for study visa - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Education

Education Use this area of the site to discuss anything to do with education in Australia. With topics ranging from higher eduction, Universities, Schools all the way to teaching in Australia - have a look inside and feel free to participate.

Like Tree2Likes

applying for study visa - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

can you name some employers who would sponcer ??


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gunnedah
Posts: 146
Users Flag! From uk

16 likes received
6 likes given
I have to agree with AdamK. If you are here to study ficus on that. It IS possible to get sponsored and it's not about naming those employers it's about getting the right person for the job.
I was offered sponsorship by two separate companies. However those companies I really would have loved to work for did not - so I wasn't the right person for them. Just because you are qualified on paper does not guarantee a job. I have conducted interviews and can tell you there is s lit more to employing someone than the qualifications. Will you fit into the team? Will the work be such that will keep you interested and not want to move on? Will you be able to keep up with the pace? Will the pace be too sloe for you? Attitude is an important factor too.


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gunnedah
Posts: 146
Users Flag! From uk

16 likes received
6 likes given
I also spell very poorly on my iPhone! Sorry!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by man99999999 View Post
can you name some employers who would sponcer ??
I do not want to name any company as their sole decision to employ somebody and provide them sponsor visa. I have lot of hospitality connections and students with the right attitude and willingness to work are sponsored from restaurants through catering companies to event management organizations. Indians as well before you ask.

In many cases the students were working for the company for a while and proved their skills and knowledge are worth the trouble for the employer to be sponsored instead of loosing them and train, test a new employee.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

then it would be better to get qualified in your home country and try to getsponsership from australian companies....no use in studying australia after spending 50K plus money on tution fees and ending up lining again for a sponsor ship, going by "teriary education on paper does not get you a job"


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by man99999999 View Post
then it would be better to get qualified in your home country and try to getsponsership from australian companies....no use in studying australia after spending 50K plus money on tution fees and ending up lining again for a sponsor ship, going by "teriary education on paper does not get you a job"
To organize sponsorship with an Australian company from overseas is difficult and would end up with a similar story when the students are looking for sponsorship after 2 years of doing nothing or getting irrelevant work (experience). This is why you believe Australians are not sponsoring Indians.....etc. If you are already working a couple of month long for a company as a student after your studies you have more chance to get sponsored.


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
To organize sponsorship with an Australian company from overseas is difficult and would end up with a similar story when the students are looking for sponsorship after 2 years of doing nothing or getting irrelevant work (experience). This is why you believe Australians are not sponsoring Indians.....etc. If you are already working a couple of month long for a company as a student after your studies you have more chance to get sponsored.
But no company wants to give a responsible job to a student who can only work for 20 hrs a week, other than call centers, 7-11, coles as sales rep, these companies dont sponser at the end of 2 yrs of education,bcz there is a salary criteria that comes in before they can sponser, for eg it has to be 49990$ per annum and above for the company to sponser


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by man99999999 View Post
But no company wants to give a responsible job to a student who can only work for 20 hrs a week, other than call centers, 7-11, coles as sales rep, these companies dont sponser at the end of 2 yrs of education,bcz there is a salary criteria that comes in before they can sponser, for eg it has to be 49990$ per annum and above for the company to sponser
Data entry and manufacturing companies, hospitality and mining industry are just the top of the iceberg. All of them are able to sponsor.

You have to believe in you. I have been contacted from India to find a job for a prospective student. I told him it is close to impossible before he is here as the employer will make a decision based on his attitude, behavior ...etc. He is an IT professional with 7 years experience, but wants to know the hourly rate in the McDonald's. Why? He should not even think about jobs like that. No self confidence and lack of clear goal setting is the reason of bad feelings about not getting sponsorship opportunities. You have to work for it, but the possibilities are there.


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
Data entry and manufacturing companies, hospitality and mining industry are just the top of the iceberg. All of them are able to sponsor.

You have to believe in you. I have been contacted from India to find a job for a prospective student. I told him it is close to impossible before he is here as the employer will make a decision based on his attitude, behavior ...etc. He is an IT professional with 7 years experience, but wants to know the hourly rate in the McDonald's. Why? He should not even think about jobs like that. No self confidence and lack of clear goal setting is the reason of bad feelings about not getting sponsorship opportunities. You have to work for it, but the possibilities are there.
but to come to australia one has to spend 15K $ to start with, and even he finishes his 2 yr course there is no way he can extend his visa, Most of the students come here after taking a big loan back in india and reason they try to get into any kind of job is that they dont want to put any pressure back home, not bcz they dont have confidence, Plz dont doubt their confidence, each and every student comes to australia with a risk / loan of 50 K AUD +, it will take atleast 20 years to earn in india for any one, and if he dosnt earn it in australia and go back to india its a financial disaster for any student....I am not trying to say bad about Aus education, I am just tryng to give them all the info they should know before they take the risk,


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

But Indians you have to understand this, if you come to Aus as a student and spend more than 100,000 you have a 50 - 50 % chance of settling in this country, but if you take a boat and come to aus as a refugee you dont pay anything and on contrary you will be paid, will have food and housing for free and once you become PR apply any university, see the contrast.....


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
study options on 820 visa Mic2608 Visas and immigration 5 10-20-2011 08:20 AM
Study visa adersorn Visas and immigration 4 07-26-2011 05:39 AM
Australian Study Requirement for visa 175 AmericanUSA Visas and immigration 5 07-23-2011 05:50 AM
Visa 457 - can I study part time? mmaggiore Visas and immigration 3 12-30-2010 12:31 PM
'Prospective Marriage Visa' and Study SNUK2OZ Visas and immigration 7 03-13-2010 02:21 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com