Can Kevin Rudd lead Australia to the promised land?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > Issues and current events

Issues and current events If you wish to discuss news, current events and issues in Australia then this is the correct forum section. Use this section to discuss the current state of the economy or the latest Australian news. Feel free to add anything current that is missing from the section.

Like Tree3Likes

Can Kevin Rudd lead Australia to the promised land?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:11 AM
AustraliaForum.com Editor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 697
Users Flag! From australia

130 likes received
4 likes given
Arrow Can Kevin Rudd lead Australia to the promised land?

The recent history of the Australian Labor Party has been dominated by infighting, arguments and confusion. After a number of attempts to oust former Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd has finally made it back to leader of the Labor Party and Prime Minister of Australia. The speed at which the leadership battle emerged and [...]

Click to read the full news article: Can Kevin Rudd lead Australia to the promised land?...
Please come back to discuss the story here in this thread.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2013, 02:40 AM
chicken999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 846
Users Flag! From australia

417 likes received
4 likes given
I just want some in power who will stop these dam boat people so asio can process my security check instead of wasting time on people who throw their passports away

iduno likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 277
Users Flag! From cambodia

45 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor View Post
The recent history of the Australian Labor Party has been dominated by infighting, arguments and confusion. After a number of attempts to oust former Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd has finally made it back to leader of the Labor Party and Prime Minister of Australia. The speed at which the leadership battle emerged and [...]

Click to read the full news article: Can Kevin Rudd lead Australia to the promised land?...
Please come back to discuss the story here in this thread.
How many people are disillusioned with Labour and what has happened the last 5 years....

"Spot the Labour Supporter" is the new game....no one wants to clearly identify with Labour.

That is why the Labour party insiders brought back Kevin....they are desperate!

Better a small retreat than a major defeat......???

One failed leader replaced by another failed leader.....is doomed to failure.

Kevin has not changed.....he is never going to be a true leader.....

Just a great talker (like the diplomat that he really is - ex-foreign minister)

Poor fellow, my country - we need a strong stable government....so vote wisely next election.

__________________


From the Kingdom of Cambodia to Australia.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From usa

9 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken999 View Post
I just want some in power who will stop these dam boat people so asio can process my security check instead of wasting time on people who throw their passports away
Australia gets 10 times less asylum seekers than the UK or the US, and 5 times less than most individual European countries. 80-90 percent of the world's displaced people don't even go to developed countries, they end up in the country next to the one they flee. I can't help but feel like Australians are just complaining whenever they mention this issue. And I say this as someone who was born Australian.

cjka likes this.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM
chicken999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 846
Users Flag! From australia

417 likes received
4 likes given
That just proves my point though, genuine refugees will stop and stay in the safest nearest country they can get too. But these boat people are not genuine. They throw away their passports they bypass 10 safe countries to get here and then blackmail and abuse once they reach the detention centre. And what genuine refugee has 10k to pay per person to get on a boat? I don't have a problem with genuine refugees but these people are just queue jumpers. 4.5 years and I am still fighting with immigration 20k in legals at least that in airfares x 20 trips it would have been a dam quicker option for us to get on a boat and certainly cheaper. And now that we are finally getting closer we are held up because asios security checks are delayed cause they are too busy processing boat people. I have a client who works t diac Brisbane and flies up to Christmas Island regularly to process these so called refugees and its just lies. so this is not just newspaper gossip this is straight from diac

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From usa

9 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken999 View Post
That just proves my point though, genuine refugees will stop and stay in the safest nearest country they can get too. But these boat people are not genuine. They throw away their passports they bypass 10 safe countries to get here and then blackmail and abuse once they reach the detention centre. And what genuine refugee has 10k to pay per person to get on a boat? I don't have a problem with genuine refugees but these people are just queue jumpers. 4.5 years and I am still fighting with immigration 20k in legals at least that in airfares x 20 trips it would have been a dam quicker option for us to get on a boat and certainly cheaper. And now that we are finally getting closer we are held up because asios security checks are delayed cause they are too busy processing boat people. I have a client who works t diac Brisbane and flies up to Christmas Island regularly to process these so called refugees and its just lies. so this is not just newspaper gossip this is straight from diac
According to the Australian government over 90 percent of them are genuine.


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM
chicken999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 846
Users Flag! From australia

417 likes received
4 likes given
I don't believe that for one second

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 685
Users Flag! From australia

56 likes received
1 likes given
Kevin will lead us to a promised land... where Liberals are in charge. 14-th September will be end of our journey.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 325
Users Flag! From australia

86 likes received
95 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoilman View Post
According to the Australian government over 90 percent of them are genuine.
I dont believe that either.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:28 PM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
Now im not really into the politics here so i cannot say too much but i understand that although you vote a person in the votes they obtain can go to another party or some one else and they become leader, like julia gillard she backed stabbed kevin rudd and became leader over night, how is this possible once you are a leader then surely it would have to take an election to change leaders, not one day julia is in and the next day kevin rudd is in, whats the point of voting when the people you actually vote for may not stand as leader.

louiseb

__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kevin Rudd is back!!! Yay so happy lipsmackingkiss Visas and immigration 14 06-28-2013 10:31 AM
Kevin rudd and visa 476 louiseb General chit-chat and news 0 06-28-2013 01:52 AM
Kevin Rudd to filter internets Anonymous General chit-chat and news 1 08-31-2009 11:35 AM
Dear kevin rudd Anonymous General chit-chat and news 0 08-31-2009 03:14 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com