Centerlink payments - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > Issues and current events

Issues and current events If you wish to discuss news, current events and issues in Australia then this is the correct forum section. Use this section to discuss the current state of the economy or the latest Australian news. Feel free to add anything current that is missing from the section.

Centerlink payments - Page 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2020, 11:25 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 76
Users Flag! From romania

23 likes received
I was in the same situation 6 months ago, my friend. You can get a special benefit,which means the same money as unemployment benefits.You will have to ask for a special benefit to centerlink.Good luck.

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2020, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1178 likes received
345 likes given
Originally Posted by qtix View Post
For personal reasons, on September 23, 2019, I left my partner's house with my son.I went to centrelink and told me that unemployed benefit cannot take 4 years from the date of the 801 visa.Do I understand that the 5 years of temporary residence in Australia from 1 January 2019 does not matter?I am now with my son temporary in a friend's house and little money left.I'm 60 years old,and I wonder if at 67 I will retire...
Are there many people here in our situation?It is not correct that after 5 years of temporary residence and permanent resident for almost 6 months,
The normal rule is that you now need to be a permanent visa holder for 4 years. This was increased from 2 years PR requirement not too long ago. Temporary visa holders are not entitled.

However, due to COVID, the 4 year rule has been suspended.

You only need to have a PR Visa. You should be entitled at the moment, maybe for the next 6 months. You should apply now.

Regarding retirement, there is a 10 year resident (Australian citizen or permanent residence visa holder) requirement for the aged pension.

Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sponsoring my girlfriend and regarding centerlink payments kranti.koganti Visas and immigration 3 05-18-2014 01:48 PM
Centerlink newstart allowance.. avishak General chit-chat and news 2 11-01-2011 05:03 AM
Do we need to inform Centerlink? howwy Visas and immigration 2 09-26-2011 04:41 AM
debts to centerlink wayne Visas and immigration 5 07-26-2011 10:59 AM
Centerlink Payments and Sponcering Jesswyn Visas and immigration 2 11-26-2010 07:18 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.