Obtaining HR Licence While On Working Holiday Visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Jobs and work

Jobs and work This section of the site is for recruitment and employment in Australia discussion. Feel free to discuss your career prospects and the job opportunities available to you in Australia. Talk to other members about the employment outlook in your field.

Obtaining HR Licence While On Working Holiday Visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From uk

Obtaining HR Licence While On Working Holiday Visa

Hi folks, I am looking for some information with regards to obtaining a heavy rigid driving licence while on a working holiday visa. I am 30 years old, originally from the UK and have been living in Sydney for the past 2 months on a first year working holiday Visa. I have a full UK class AM/A/B1/B/f/k/p/q driving licence at the moment and was wondering if it was possible for me to gain an Australian HR Licence? Would I need to become a permanent resident first in order to obtain an Australian licence and then apply for an HR Licence? Or is there a way UK licence holders can apply and sit the test?


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2017, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 67
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
61 likes given
if in NSW pop into a RMS office and ask them, then come back and let others know

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From uk

Originally Posted by markw View Post
if in NSW pop into a RMS office and ask them, then come back and let others know
Thanks for the reply! For anyone else wanting to know, I phoned RMS and all I need to do is go to a local service office with my driving licence, passport and Medicare or bank card. They would then provide me with a NSW driving licence, except my licence will have the letter T on it for temporary. Once I have received this I can sit the tests needed to obtain my HR licence.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working Holiday Visa - US citizen working in Australia (Tax questions) PineappleQueen Jobs and work 0 05-30-2017 09:51 AM
Obtaining a Driver's Licence in Australia jasonrebello General chit-chat and news 0 04-30-2016 02:38 PM
Working Holiday Visa - 6 month working limit frog99 Visas and immigration 3 10-22-2014 03:39 AM
Obtaining drivers licence fadin Jobs and work 2 01-09-2013 10:06 AM
Obtaining a visa (de-facto/working) visa from a high-risk country Traveller01 Visas and immigration 0 11-04-2012 05:40 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.