Working from Home in Australia for a Foreign Company

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Jobs and work

Jobs and work This section of the site is for recruitment and employment in Australia discussion. Feel free to discuss your career prospects and the job opportunities available to you in Australia. Talk to other members about the employment outlook in your field.

Working from Home in Australia for a Foreign Company

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

Working from Home in Australia for a Foreign Company

I’m an Australian Citizen, currently working in India. All my income and taxes are paid in India. Being Australian Citizen I’m declaring my income in India as “Foreign Income” and filing tax returns every year in Australia.

I now have an opportunity to work from home in Australia to take care of my family . But the HR of my company is stating that there may be requirement for the Indian company to register as an Entity in Australia and second me to the newly registered entity which incurs huge cost – like AUD $ 50,000.

Apart from that the company thinks that being an Australian citizen and performing work from home in Australia, company would need to pay me at least local (Australian) award rates and associated HSE / Workers Compensation etc, which I feel are not true!!

I am not interested in Australian rates etc, which I am ready to give in writing to the company. All I need is permission to work from home in Australia so that I can take care of my family.

Do you know if this is true or in your experience can an Australian citizen work for a Indian company (on payroll in India) but still live and work from home in Australia.

Appreciate if you can provide any guidance or link or information on this.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From australia

11 likes received
3 likes given
Probably best to talk with a reputable tax agent who works with corporate tax, here in Australia


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work/student visa and work from home for a home foreign employer Febrios Visas and immigration 0 10-03-2017 02:52 PM
Working in/from Australia but for a British company GARD7480 Jobs and work 4 03-25-2017 03:59 PM
now hiring home workers worldwide earn up to $250 per day working from home id(11671) gulm484 Jobs and work 0 02-20-2014 04:40 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.