Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Profile: artgirl

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Members List

Guest View - Limited Access Only

artgirl artgirl is offline

Active Member

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. MarkNortham
    02-26-2014 01:56 PM - permalink
    Hi Artgirl -

    Thanks for the note, and that's fantastic news!!! Very happy for you both, and congratulations on all - best of luck and please advise if I can assist in any way going forward -


    Mark Northam

    PS - Good luck with the Medicare card - have heard of some mixed results from SC300 visa holders, but you definitely should be able to get full medicare coverage once you lodge your onshore 820/801 partner visa application.
  2. MarkNortham
    09-11-2013 02:25 PM - permalink
    Hi Artgirl -

    My view is that the language you mention would refer to one-way travel (as in, a permanent move to Australia to get married) or unreversable decisions (ie, sell your house in your home country). Visitor visa for temporary purposes shouldn't be affected and it's perfectly normal to want to be with your partner while the visa is being processed.


    Mark Northam
  3. artgirl
    07-23-2013 08:23 AM - permalink
    Thank You so much Mark for this confirmation. After extensive reading I thought ETA was also the best, just needed to know re-entry time.
    All our blessed appreciation to You! You help so many people!
  4. MarkNortham
    07-21-2013 12:15 PM - permalink
    Hi Artgirl -

    I don't have enough details of your situation to give you specific advice, but from the info you've sent, the ETA and re-entry pathway may be your best option. Most ETA's are given for a 12-month period, with 3-month maximum period per stay - you can then depart Australia for anywhere else and come back in a couple of days if you'd like.


    Mark Northam
  5. artgirl
    07-20-2013 11:27 AM - permalink
    Mr. Northam,
    we both cannot Thank You more for Your kind assistance. We will take all Your great advice into account as welcome guide. We are so excited to be together again.
  6. MarkNortham
    07-18-2013 03:11 PM - permalink
    Hi Artgirl -

    Applying for a visitor visa while a PMV application is processing is quite normal and these are often granted - the type of visa depends on the country you're from (see DIAC website for more on this). You can fill in a 1022 to advise of your address and contact info while you're in Australia, as you would need to be outside Australia when your PMV is ready to be granted - typically the case officer would be aware of this and give you some notice (2 weeks usually, but not always) when the visa is ready to grant so you can depart Australia for the grant.

    Hope this helps -


    Mark Northam

About Me

  • About artgirl
    Shamanic Life Coach
    Country Flag


Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 01-27-2016 11:44 AM
  • Join Date: 07-08-2013
  • Referrals: 0


Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.