Relocating to Australia - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > New member introductions

New member introductions Please introduce yourself to other Australia Forum members here. Use this section to tell us a little about yourself and your connection to Australia. Are you new to the Country? Are you currently undertaking the Australian immigration process? Please let us know...

Like Tree1Likes

Relocating to Australia - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2015, 12:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystormy View Post
Permanent residents education is free.
A lot of people disagree with that, but the cost is normally minimal, just a few hundred dollars per year for stationery and uniforms etc.

However, about one third choose private education and that can vary in cost, with around $8,000 per year being common in some areas. But it can be $25k+.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 03:30 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From india

2 likes given
Hello Everyone,

I am also planning to relocate to Australia but have not started the process yet. Can anyone please help me with the best and genuine Australian Immigration Consultancy in India?

Thanks and Regards,
Romila


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 266
Users Flag! From uk

31 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomilaBhagat View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am also planning to relocate to Australia but have not started the process yet. Can anyone please help me with the best and genuine Australian Immigration Consultancy in India?

Thanks and Regards,
Romila
https://www.mara.gov.au/


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From india

2 likes given
Thanks for the quick turnaround.

The link provided is very helpful and I have consulted few agencies also. I was wondering if I can initiate my PR process without taking any help of consultants but myself, as there are many agents against which I see negative reviews in consumer complaints. Would really be grateful if you can provide me with the steps on how to initiate the PR. I got my CV assessed with one of the consultant and found that I am eligible for permanent skilled migration with 70 points.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Romila.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomilaBhagat View Post
Thanks for the quick turnaround.

The link provided is very helpful and I have consulted few agencies also. I was wondering if I can initiate my PR process without taking any help of consultants but myself, as there are many agents against which I see negative reviews in consumer complaints. Would really be grateful if you can provide me with the steps on how to initiate the PR. I got my CV assessed with one of the consultant and found that I am eligible for permanent skilled migration with 70 points.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Romila.
Are you talking about MARA agents with negative reviews and complaints?

There may be many non MARA agents who may not know the full rules for Australian immigration, and may not have even qualified for MARA.

RomilaBhagat likes this.
__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 266
Users Flag! From uk

31 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomilaBhagat View Post
Thanks for the quick turnaround.

The link provided is very helpful and I have consulted few agencies also. I was wondering if I can initiate my PR process without taking any help of consultants but myself, as there are many agents against which I see negative reviews in consumer complaints. Would really be grateful if you can provide me with the steps on how to initiate the PR. I got my CV assessed with one of the consultant and found that I am eligible for permanent skilled migration with 70 points.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Romila.
First, you do not need to chose an agent in India - even when in the same country, everything is normally done by email anyway.

Be careful of 70 points - that would, at this stage be unusually high.

This is the first step - lots of reading https://www.border.gov.au/

What is your occupation?
Qualifications?
Length of time in occupation since qualifying?
Age?
Medical issues?


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From india

2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Are you talking about MARA agents with negative reviews and complaints?

There may be many non MARA agents who may not know the full rules for Australian immigration, and may not have even qualified for MARA.

Hi,

Yes I am talking about one of the MARA agent (WWICS) whose review I saw negative in the complaint forum. Can you pls. let me know if it is possible to apply for PR without any support of agent?

Thanks,
Romila


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From india

2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystormy View Post
First, you do not need to chose an agent in India - even when in the same country, everything is normally done by email anyway.

Be careful of 70 points - that would, at this stage be unusually high.

This is the first step - lots of reading
What is your occupation?
Qualifications?
Length of time in occupation since qualifying?
Age?
Medical issues?
Hi,

Thank you so much for the information that agent is not necessary to hire for PR. I will save a lot of money in that case. I have calculated the points and it's coming to at least 60.
My age - 30
Qualifications - Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Computer Science from Manipal University
Occupation - Business analyst in IT firm
Length of occupation - 7.2 years.
Medical Issues - None

Pls. let me know if I can submit my skill assessment report myself and also if anyone can share the format of skill assessment report and the way forward.

Thanks and Regards,
Romila


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 266
Users Flag! From uk

31 likes received
Yes you can do it yourself and start by getting your skills assessed.

You will also need to undertake ILETS.

Just be aware of the pitfalls and remember that if you make an error, immigration will reject your application and you lose the money


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From india

2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystormy View Post
Yes you can do it yourself and start by getting your skills assessed.

You will also need to undertake ILETS.

Just be aware of the pitfalls and remember that if you make an error, immigration will reject your application and you lose the money
Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I have enrolled myself for IELTS and have got the dates for January, 2016. I also went through the link border.gov.au that you had sent. It is very helpful, thanks.
What I understood is that if my skillset is present in SOL, then I can lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and fill all the required details. But one thing i did not get is where do i submit the skill assessment report? Do I need to follow any other step prior to EOI?
Pls. suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Romila


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chef Relocating satishramola New member introductions 0 02-07-2013 12:30 PM
Relocating from Sydney to Brisbane niah85 Housing 0 01-08-2013 06:35 AM
Mel B and Family Relocating to Sydney james12 Housing 2 04-01-2012 12:28 PM
Relocating to Perth Gazza Marine Housing 0 10-24-2011 05:37 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com