Greetings from China

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > New member introductions

New member introductions Please introduce yourself to other Australia Forum members here. Use this section to tell us a little about yourself and your connection to Australia. Are you new to the Country? Are you currently undertaking the Australian immigration process? Please let us know...

Greetings from China


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From mexico

Smile Greetings from China

Hello Everyone,

I work and live in Shanghai, China. I would like to know whether it's possible for someone to lodge an immigration/visa application in a country other than their own.

I am thinking of getting it done by the consulate here.

By the way, I have already checked through the Australian Immigration website but couldn't find anything on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_gud_guy
Hello Everyone,

I work and live in Shanghai, China. I would like to know whether it's possible for someone to lodge an immigration/visa application in a country other than their own.

I am thinking of getting it done by the consulate here.

By the way, I have already checked through the Australian Immigration website but couldn't find anything on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Hi there,

I am in Malaysia and I was able to lodge visa apps here in Kuala Lumpur. But I suggest you check the immi website for infos.

Goodluck


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From mexico

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_Em View Post
Hi there,

I am in Malaysia and I was able to lodge visa apps here in Kuala Lumpur. But I suggest you check the immi website for infos.

Goodluck
Thanks a lot. I will check it out.
If you don't mind me asking, how did your application go ? Has it been approved yet ?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

It has been approved. I actually had a few mulitiple entry visas subclass 676 since 2008. And now i have a student visa which i will be using this sept. I am not sure what visa u want to apply for but i was told by the aus embassy here that the country your applying from is not an issue as long as u have a valid visa in my case working visa here in Malaysia. Goodluck.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_Em View Post
It has been approved. I actually had a few mulitiple entry visas subclass 676 since 2008. And now i have a student visa which i will be using this sept. I am not sure what visa u want to apply for but i was told by the aus embassy here that the country your applying from is not an issue as long as u have a valid visa in my case working visa here in Malaysia. Goodluck.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia
Congratulations on getting your visa.

I have a work visa in China, so it shouldn't be a problem applying from here then. I am considering to apply for immigration i.e. getting a permanent residence visa for Australia. I will go with subclass 190 which means getting a state nomination since I don't have any job offer from there.

from where I come from, working for government/state means you'll have a terrible life but I am sure this wouldn't be the case for Australia.

Thank's again for the info.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Ur welcome. Australia is a nice place thats why I chosen to take my masters there but Im not sure if I will stay there permanently after.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From india

thanks for suggest me about Australia..................... tahanks a lot


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 37
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
1 likes given
Depending on visa applied, the application information guide will tell you where you can lodge your application.
Application for the 190 visa is by invitation only, you need to express an interest (EOI) on the government website.
Please keep in mind, the government are cutting jobs all across the board, so depending on you nominated skill, it might be difficult to get an invitation. Plus you need to satisfy English requirements & get at least 60 points.

At the moment, Australia are preferring (ENS) Employer Nominated Visas, if you can find an employer willing to sponsor you it might increase your options to migrate to Australia.

Goodluck whatever you decide to do.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Ur right. There are big changes made in GSM visa process this year and its getting more difficult but I guess it is also a good thing for Australia to do to ensure that those migrating to Aus have the right skills in their respective fields so they will not be having a hard time getting a job when they get to Aus. I suggest if you give a call or go to the embassy to get ur questions answered properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From mexico

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Depending on visa applied, the application information guide will tell you where you can lodge your application.
Application for the 190 visa is by invitation only, you need to express an interest (EOI) on the government website.
Please keep in mind, the government are cutting jobs all across the board, so depending on you nominated skill, it might be difficult to get an invitation. Plus you need to satisfy English requirements & get at least 60 points.

At the moment, Australia are preferring (ENS) Employer Nominated Visas, if you can find an employer willing to sponsor you it might increase your options to migrate to Australia.

Goodluck whatever you decide to do.
Hi,

Thank you for the valuable information. I was going to apply for the government nomination but now I am considering ENS as well. Technical/Telecom Sales is not exactly a high-demand occupation as far as I know. Even if it is, I think that most Australian IT/Telecom companies (private or government) would prefer to hire locals instead of waiting many months to have someone immigrate and then work for them
.
Anyways, I will still go ahead and lodge an EOI. I am not exactly in a hurry, so I don't mind waiting. I just hope someone can nominate me within the next 2 years.

I'll be doing my IELTS soon. I scored 8 couple of years ago. I hope I can do better this time. If I can get 8 in each module of IELTS then I can definitely score between 70 and 75 (depending on whether I choose government nomination or not).

What do you think is more likely to happen ? Me, getting a nomination from a company or the government, given my background. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.


Closed Thread

Tags
applying from another country

« New Member | newbie »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what do you think about China products? soodmall Business and investment 21 02-18-2013 01:10 PM
PCC check - China voxtro Visas and immigration 4 07-20-2012 05:44 AM
Sourcing in China athenayan2011 Business and investment 0 11-10-2011 06:30 AM
Sue from guangzhou,China shaoshan Jobs and work 0 04-11-2011 12:07 PM
Hello every new friend!I am from China! alexduduta New member introductions 0 10-31-2010 07:12 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:38 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com